Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P and Glock springs

Hallz

I have noticed it is fairly common for 5" M&P and Glock guide rods and recoil springs to be interchanged,.....it appears the striker may also be interchangeable on the M&P,..not sure on the Glock.

Any experience and/or thoughts?

Edited by Hallz

The striker springs will also interchange, I run a stock glock 5.5 striker spring in my MP45. Works reliably for me with CCI. Primer strikes are a little shallower than stock MP45 spring. I tried running a MP9 striker spring which is 5lb but wasn't 100% in the MP45.

The striker springs will also interchange, I run a stock glock 5.5 striker spring in my MP45. Works reliably for me with CCI. Primer strikes are a little shallower than stock MP45 spring. I tried running a MP9 striker spring which is 5lb but wasn't 100% in the MP45.

Thanks,

I may have to try that also, light strikes on CCI's have been my nemesis the last 3 matches.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolff makes an extra power glock strike4 spring, got a tripple set from brownells, thinking i would increase striker force over oem spring, even though stock spring with apex fss kit was 100% reliable. Thought this was a good idea since my glocks launch a pencil with more authority than my m&ps. Bottom line, no change in pencil movement so went back to oem springs. You may find them useful for light primer hits, assuming the striker is not being impeded by the block or dirt. Think they are rated @ 6 lbs.

I use Glock recoil springs, striker springs and magazine springs interchangeably in the M&P. With the reduced power striker springs, the Wolf and CCI primers are not 100%, so I use Winchester for match ammo.