Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA ESP quick legality question

3djedi

I shoot mostly USPSA limited. I have been thinking about trying IDPA. I have a glock 35 set up for limited and I'm wondering if it is legal to use one of those 40 to 9mm conversion barrels? Also, it has an aftermarket trigger and zev dragonfly slide but I still have the original factory slide if that is an issue......

Your barrel and trigger would be alright in IDPA, I'd put the factory slide back on to be certain (or take it with you just in case). I've been backing out of IDPA over the past year so my recollections of ESP rules is fading (thank God) but I am sure about the trigger and barrel in ESP, Another thing to think about is the holster, IDPA doesn't have a sense of humor when it comes to certain USPSA Limited holsters. :roflol: The rulebook is available online http://www.idpa.com/

Edited by Bkreutz

Don't mess with the gun; just sign up NFC and get your trigger time. You do have to have a compliant holster even when the gun is not; but they are not expensive.

I do have a holster and mag pouches that are legal. But what is "NFC"? Not for competition? Do you still get to see a score?

Don't mess with the gun; just sign up NFC and get your trigger time. You do have to have a compliant holster even when the gun is not; but they are not expensive.

I do have a holster and mag pouches that are legal. But what is "NFC"? Not for competition? Do you still get to see a score?

You'll have to ask the MD about that. At my club the NFC guys are scored and posted just like the rest of them. I've shot my Open Rimfire in NFC on several occasions and haven't have any trouble. Edited by v1911

NFC is Not For Competition. There have been discussions of how to get it to show on the current fad of tablet scoring, so you will get to see your results.

I am concerned that this will lead to a defacto racegun competitive division with full bragging rights even though not officially recognized. Nobody else seems to care.