Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme bullet 55gr

b1gcountry

Thanks. I should say these will be my first reloads for rifle, and they will not be shot father than 100yds, mostly shorter than that.

Fine for those ranges. I have a thread on here somewhere, as I'd thought they were 'good enough' using my Hornady 55gr loads, but then was doing some 200-300yd shooting and saw them open up quite a bit vs Hornady's. Some others had chimed in they were getting better results than I, others similar.

For now at least, I'm relegating them to hoser stages only, and will eventually get around to doing some more load testing with them, but with cases of Hornady 55gr FMJBT or SPs available, at relatively comparable pricing, it's just not high up on the priority list at the moment.

If you can't or don't want to pick up a case of 6K, especially just getting started in reloading, sure - pick up a box or two and build up your reloading skill and confidence - maybe you'll find a solid load with them that does better. From a random sampling, they were at least as weight consistent as the Hornady's, I just couldn't get them to shoot as well. YMMV, as always.