Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic tips on the end of the tubes?

I did the same, tubes were purchased from McMaster Carr once and I believe Zoro Tools the other time (IIRC). I bought the tips from Dillon, you should be able to find the part number but if not let me know and I'll look them up.

Here are the individual parts for the primer tube assemblies:

13999 Pickup Tube Tip Small - $ 1.55 each

14010 Pickup Tube Tip Large - $ 1.55 each

17086 Dispensing Tip, Small - $ 2.70 each

17085 Dispensing Tip, Large - $ 2.70 each

14040 - primer guide clips - $ 1.40 each

RDA- what size tubing did you use?

McMaster Carr

89965K18 Multipurpose Aluminum Tubing, 5/16" OD, .183" ID, .065" Wall Thick, 3' Length

Cheaper at Zoro Tools:

http://www.zoro.com/i/G1875553/

Dillon sells complete tube A with spare tips & retainer for 7.99. I can't see making them and coming out ahead other than making them just for the fun of it.

I made 12 of them for approximately the price of 6 of them from Dillon.

• 3 weeks later...

Same ID for small and large primers?

no, it's been so long ago I did this I can't remember exactly which stick of tubing I ordered, but I ordered my tubing in 6' sticks then cut them down. Take your micrometer and measure your diameters of your small and large primers. Buy the tubing based on the ID necessary for small and then another stick for the necessary ID for the large primers.

Same ID for small and large primers?

no, it's been so long ago I did this I can't remember exactly which stick of tubing I ordered, but I ordered my tubing in 6' sticks then cut them down. Take your micrometer and measure your diameters of your small and large primers. Buy the tubing based on the ID necessary for small and then another stick for the necessary ID for the large primers.

Thanks! I was actually going to do that just now, going to make some of these myself.

Thanks for the information!

That looks like $20 delivered for 6' of tubing. I can get four tubes for $25 from Dillon. What am I missing?

You aren't missing anything. I am lucky that we order thousands of feet of tubing at work, so I had hardly any costs into this project at all. I must add, that after it was all said and done and you put your time and effort into it... I'm not sure I wouldn't have been better off just buying them from Dillon. Just being honest. I have already done the work once. Even with the tubing being free, I think if I want more tubes, I will probably just buy them.

What's that saying "tripping over dollars to save pennies"... I'm guilty.