Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Computer catastrophe

My son, who knows a lot about computers, especially compared to me, was trying to fix a USB ERROR problem and removed the USB drivers as was recommended online. They were supposed to automatically reload but didn't. For some reason it also killed the Bluetooth for the wireless mouse and keyboard. So, our PC is dead in the water as we can make no inputs at all.

Suggestions?

Do you have the wired keyboard and mouse that the PC came with? Did a disc come with the wireless keyboard and mouse? It should have the drivers on it. If not you can go to the manufacturers site and download the drivers,. First you need to hook up the wired keyboard and mouse..

do you have the old PS2 type connectors on it? and a keyboard with the same connector or adapter? Once you remove the root hub USB devices, they do usually reinstall but sometimes they don't. Usually not a good idea to remove them and look at other issues.

Do any USB devices work at all? If have older keyboard connectors, If you go under Device Manager, do you red X's or yellow !'s beside any hardware? Do you have the OEM disk that came with it or was it a home built system? Do you have the Windows disk?

Edited by gng4life

Neighbor is working on it. He is pretty good but it's a challenge so far. They are trying to hack into our PC from a laptop or some such nonsense.

Son was trying to fix the blue screen bug code error and followed advice from Sony to uninstall drivers and they would reinstall automatically. Well they didn't. No USB ports work. Wireless mouse and keyboard won't work. Touch screen doesn't even work. The last resort is looking like it will let the ports work in rescue mode only. So we will have to download all to a flash drive then strip windows out and restore to factory settings with original discs.

This rather sounds like a hardware failure. What version of Windows? If there are no USB drivers installed then Windows will see the ports when it boots and reconnect them If it's failing to reconnect them then that indicates that there is something wrong with the primary USB bus.

Have you tried plugging the keyboard into each USB port, one at a time and rebooting to see if it's recognized?

It worked this morning after my neighbor essentially hacked into it with his laptop and was able to restore it to last known configuration. What everybody keeps misunderstanding is that the wireless mouse and keyboard would not work period after uninstalling the USB drivers. Neighbor was baffled too as he kept emailing me and telling me to click this and that. Finally I got him to come over and he was like you're not kidding, we are not making any inputs from the machine itself. Lol he figured somehow the USB Bluetooth whatever were somehow connected.

Like I said it worked this morning. BUT my wife was working on some stuff and a pop opened that said Google chrome was not configured properly after restarting. Said"click here to install and restart". After she did that the mouse still works but the keyboard went dead.

This is why I refuse to go to electronic scoring for my match. If I turn it on and it doesn't work as needed, I'm screwed.

We do a lot of work with computers doing audio and video recording. Our saying is if you have 1 you have none. They all fail. Regardless of who made them.

I will say that we do a lot with the cloud for backups and things like google sheets. That is all saved real time on far more robust servers than I can afford. They are all frustrating but the cloud makes it a little better.

Just for clarification, when you say "goto electronic scoring", you mean practiscore, right? You ARE currently scoring with ezws, right? Which is electronic scoring after the fact?

Practiscore. I don't do stats so I don't mess with ez either.