Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Rebuild?

Marshal82

I have a Glock 17 & 34 with several Mags.

I have 2 mags that have stopped stacking the bullets correctly 100% of the time. I'm thinking of changing springs and followers in all my mags to be sure they are good to go with this season. Been 3-4 years and not had any issues. I do clean them fairly regularly.

How often do you guys recommend rebuilding mags and would you recommend the 10% extra power wolff springs?

I have lots of mags, but find that I use the same ones for matches (a set of six or seven) over a couple years without changes and they stay reliable. Thats probably 80 or ninety matches, usually on gravel or dirt. I do clean them regularly though (but not after every stage unless they end up dirty in sand or fine gritty soil). I have a different set of mags for practice, and they have held up pretty well too (they were mags retired from the previous batch of match mags because the bodies were getting beat up and would occasional cause a jam [but see my comment below]).

I have started to change out the followers and springs in both sets every couple years. I had kept the original springs in for several years, but they got mushy and I started getting misfeed jams. The older practice magazines have gotten more reliable with the new guts.

Your dry fire magazines will last a lot longer when you learn not to blow your reloads. };^D

Edited by kevin c