Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Barrel, now FTF Problems

Gurkha

Hi,

I fitted a new barrel for one of my CZ 75 SP-01 Shadows today. It took a bit of work but I got it to fit good. It was working nice at the range until I started getting failure to feeds.

This gun has over 30,000 rounds through it and I have had no failure to feeds with the original barrel. With the new barrel I shot 500 rounds and had about 10 failure to feeds but I also have a lot of rounds which felt like they almost didn't feed properly, it I had a sluggish feeling when some rounds were feeding.

At the end of the range session, I switched back to the old barrel for an additional couple hundred rounds and I did not have any failure to feeds.

Do any of you have suggestions on what could be causing this in regards to the new barrel and what I could modify on the new barrel to stop the failure to feeds from occurring?

Thank you

double check barrel is coming back into full lockup and lifting as is should.

polish up the ramp and break the edge at the top of the ramp. But dont get overzealous and take too much.

should be able to do with fine paper and pencil eraser end going up and down ramp.

Edited by eerw

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help, with some small files, sand paper, polishing paste and working on it little by little over the course of a week while testing it out each day I ended up getting it to work perfectly. Now it is perfectly reliable.