Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knocked 2 tenths off the reload...

Ron Ankeny

:) My fear about using a timer for dryfire reloads is that in a match I might not hear that beep that tells me it's time to reload :)

Seriously though, I generally practice reloads between sight pictures. Like lamp, plant, photo, RELOAD, light switch, cup, RELOAD, trophy, light switch, lamp. For me that better simulates getting the reload started and getting back on the sights when it's completed than standing and doing static reloads.

It takes the time it takes, trying to beat a buzzer doesn't help me get faster, practicing perfect reloads does though ;)

Took some video the other day and they are getting 'bout where they should be for me. (For me a perfect reload = the dropping mag should be about waist level when I'm back on target.)

i get a good sight picture, pretend to break the shot, drop, and attemp to get the new mag in and the gun on target before i hear the old mag hit the floor..

thats fast enough!!

the trick to getting a sub 1.0 reload in live fire is dump the mag as soon as the shot breaks..and get the new mag in and gun on target in about the time it takes for the spent mag to fall and hit the ground..

i get a good sight picture, pretend to break the shot, drop, and attemp to get the new mag in and the gun on target before i hear the old mag hit the floor..

thats fast enough!!

the trick to getting a sub 1.0 reload in live fire is dump the mag as soon as the shot breaks..and get the new mag in and gun on target in about the time it takes for the spent mag to fall and hit the ground..

Brian:

Thanks for this thread. I finally changed the way I've been reloading my revolver by changing what I was looking at. Memory already has me opening the clylinder, pushing out the old clip and moving the gun close to my body.

Now I look directly at the moon clip I'm going to use and bring it right into one of the charge holes.... I haven't fumbled a reload all morning trying this.

It's all in looking at something a different way huh?