Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State 3-Gun Championship

Alex -

All the rules except those? Maybe I should chrono my birdshot loads to be sure they make 520 pf. Even my slug loads only calculate to about 525, maybe should do those, too .....

Lee

Yeah, don't be bringin' dat reduced recoil low-velocity crap all up in dis house...

:P

I just laid out the stages on our existing bays last week, and (as luck would have it) did not leave room for a mandatory chrono stage ;)

Alex

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Wakal!

Good to see you, Liota, and the rest of the TX gang at Mesa!

How many rounds? How many pistol, rifle, sg, or combo stages? The reason I ask is I was surprised last year when you had an unusually high number of pistol only stages... :wacko:

MORE MULTI-GUN/WEAPON-CHOICE STAGES! THATS THE TEXAS WAY! :D

(and you wouldn't break my heart if you didn't have ANY of those nasty spinning stars...) :angry:

And by the way, I watched you guys with your mag fed shotguns on stage 10 at Mesa, ya lost my interest... :lol:

You should have Denise's and my apps by now...see ya in May!

JJ

Oh, you mean SMM3G Stage 10 where I hung my charging handle up on the back deck of that car like I was holding a damn grappling hook? Took me ten or fifteen minutes to clear the back window... :blink:

Round count? Looks like 125 of each. I was trying for 200 of each (pistol, rifle, shotgun), but I ended up with a total slacker match of only 375 rounds. Ten stages, close parity (about 125 rifle, 125 shotgun, 125 pistol), and (just for you) there are six (6) Texas Stars with between two and five plates each in the match :ph34r:

One stage has a 2-arm Star, a 4-arm Star, and a pair of 5-arm Stars...buah hah hah...

This is shaping up to be a heck of a match! We have Taran "Terribly Fast" Butler, Don "I'm not really old, I just look grizzled because I outrun the time/space continuum" Bednorz, James "Sniper" Darst, Benny "athletes can too be round" Hill, Guy "I don't need optics to whup on all you wussy rifle shooters" Hawkins, Kurt "Mr. Reload" Miller...

Alex

Ummm...you have been shorting yourself on that lately...

:P

Dr. McCoy is still working on the shooting rotation, but I expect to be done by 1400 as we were the last two years. With our stats crew, we should have results done 15 minutes to a half hour after the last round goes downrange (again, based on past performance).

Alex

there are no stages that require shotgun slugs, but you might want to have a few just in case

WHAT!!! NO SLUG STAGE

And to think that I went and bought 200 (count them) 200 slugs just so I would have enough for the match.......

There is no "pure" slug stage. However, (for example) Side Show has an assortment of clay targets, steel, and paper. Shot doesn't score on paper, so...

:ph34r:

I'd bring at least a dozen slugs. Well, if you can hit small fairly long-range targets and moving targets with no misses, a dozen slugs would do just fine. :)

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
there are no stages that require shotgun slugs, but you might want to have a few just in case

WHAT!!! NO SLUG STAGE

And to think that I went and bought 200 (count them) 200 slugs just so I would have enough for the match.......

Kwitcher whinin', Fuzzy! :lol::P

Really? About a three minute drive for me. Must be the Hemi :P

The prize table is by random drawing. I wouldn't be able to figure out how to break it out by Open/Limited/Tactical anyway, being just a simple caveman Match Director. And by the way, I just talked to Taran Butler a few hours ago...should be a horse race between him and Don Bednorz. I like competition. Since I'm not really competition for anyone myself, I have to watch others :)

Alex

Are there prizes for last in class?  I gonna have that rapped up!  :P  Was just in San Angelo last week turkey hunting.  That is a long drive.  TXAG

You were in Angelo for turkey hunting and didn't come to the match??? Did you get any turkeys? There was a Tom and four hens in the road the other day. Funniest looking dogs I ever saw. :) I'd never seen a turkey fly before. The hens were actually, dare I say it, graceful. :huh:

Liota

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided, based on my many years of experience with 3-Gun (3, :blink: ), that the primary and most important thing in the whole sport is to have gear that works.

All the "hitting what you aim at" and "shooting faster than a particularly slothful Eastern Spotted Slug" are just lipstick on the pig.

The pig has to work before it gets lipstick.

Okayyyyy....that was, perhaps, a bit more twisted than I intended. I leave that thought here, unedited, because building this match has made me sicker than I was (and that, friends, is kind of scary). I'm really, really looking forward to Saturday morning and the RO match :D

Alex

I am just looking forward to getting back to San Angelo. I love it there. Wish I could make a living there, would move in a minute. I will have all of my gear working well hopefully by then. Have fun with the RO match. I should have taken the whole week off and shot this weekend, bowfishing all week, and ROed the match. Maybe next year. :P TXAG