Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 Gun Gear from Shot Show

alma

The Rhino guns looked very nice.

Jesse, did you look through the new Leopold scope? Any potential there for open division? I read that the eye box might be a bit unforgiving and I don't think the current method of mounting a 45% RDS is slow in most situations.

I guess it could help a bit by indexing on long targets through the RDS and then shifting to the 6x for the Shot?

I am happy with my HD Gen II in "Practical" but obviously the Leopold was one of the more novel products.

I think Novel is a great description of the Leupold Z shaped optic.

It's a cool idea, execution is well thought out- but I can't see it offers anything to our game. I'm hesitant to make any judgement on optics inside the exhibit hall- lighting is bad, you can't see more than a couple hundred yards at most, etc. But, I could get a comfortable cheek weld and see both the dot up top and the magnified optic below without shifting my head.

What I don't like is the optic being offset from the bore. The BDC stadia are offset from center to compensate for this, but it really provides a goofy looking reticle.

For those places that will allow a magazine other then a 30 rd, the new magpul drum looks nice. Its 50 or 60 rds, cant remember, loads and unloads easy without the fuss of a surfire and its the same height/ length as a 30 rd magazine.

Sierra has a new.224 Tipped Match King in 69 and 77g. the 77g TMK has a BC of .420, same as the 80 SMK.

Armalite's new 3 gun model was really slick. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. 13.5 pinned and welded or 18 inch model. Adjustable Comp and adjustable gas block. From the factory with a timney trigger(I'll be putting a CMC in it). Hope I can get my hands on one.

I got a chance to look through the Sig Tango 6 1-6 at the Great American Outdoor Show. I wasn't impressed by the eye box. Seemed overly touchy compared to my Vortex Gen II 1-6. I liked the illumination and locking turrets though. Also, the power ring was silky smooth. I'd wait to see the price and eye box on the production models before placing an order though.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/vx-6-riflescopes/vx-6-1-6x24mm-30mm-multigun-cds/

Saw this at SHOT..... looks like Leupold listened when we said we wanted a different reticle than the SPR in the VX-6 1-6 Multigun scope....

This is what I will be getting to replace my VX-R Patrol I have for sale.....

Not bad - I don't mind the FireDot SPR reticle, as I'm primarily shooting out to 250-300 in local matches, but may consider checking the cost of swapping reticles down the line. Love the VX6 in general, just wish they had a few more reticle choices.