Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRTS vs Pre-B Disconnector

ES13Raven

A well fitted disconnector can yield virtually no take up. The drop in or pre B generally stil have a lot of pretravel. I don't really think it's worth getting the drop in, but that's just me.

I realize that the CZC Short Reset Trigger System ($135) is hand-fitted, but how much shorter is the reset in SA compared to the Pre-B Disconnector?

And if your gun doesn't have a CZC trigger job, add that cost to the $135.

Doing action job and short reset at same time $170 and $95

SRTS is fitted to the gun, so depending on tolerances can fit fairly tight to the sear release.

Pre B drop is IPSC legal and there tends to be a little bit of room in pre travel. ( not a bad thing )

Edited by eerw

yeah they are somewhat mis-named. the biggest advantage they give is the large reduction in single action pre-travel. the reset point stays much the same, but with the stock trigger if you kept your finger going forward the trigger would follow it, so people 'feel' like the reset is shorter with the new disconector. it does shorten the reset a little though too on some guns. . my shadow orange had really nice short reset from the box but still had heaps of SA pre-travel. with the pre-b (aka short reset) disco installed the reset was about the same but the pre-travel was all gone. :)

Edited by BeerBaron