Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 ITRC Heli on and match fee lowered

All,

I've been coordinating with Dave regarding this years ITRC in Wyoming and he informed me yesterday that the Helicopter event is back and the match fee has been lowered to $350 per person. I know this has been a big issue for some of you. I will be sponsoring the machine guns for the heli event. I'm not sure if you guys will get a beta or a couple of 30 rd mags, but shooting FA M4's from the heli should add a bit of excitement. No semi will be allowed, so don't even ask. I'll probably bring the M-60 for some of the test flights on the course.

alan

I expect to see the entire Cavalry Arms team at the match this year! ITRC started Trooper Class since you have to carry all your crap. I know you guys definitely have enough gear to shoot it. Now spend some time with the bolt guns before you come and please brings some back up M-16's. I'll have 4 there, but more is always better.

alan

I expect to see the entire Cavalry Arms team at the match this year! ITRC started Trooper Class since you have to carry all your crap. I know you guys definitely have enough gear to shoot it. Now spend some time with the bolt guns before you come and please brings some back up M-16's. I'll have 4 there, but more is always better.

alan

Well I think any of us could adaquately handle the carbine guy role...I don't even own a bolt gun myself though.

Maybe we can find some experienced bolt gun shooters to team up with...

BTW since you mentioned trooper class, we talked to Mike Gibson at SHOT Show and we will have that class available to shoot at the Ironman match this year as well.

Well I think any of us could adaquately handle the carbine guy role...I don't even own a bolt gun myself though.

Maybe we can find some experienced bolt gun shooters to team up with...

That's actually a good idea ... get some 3-Gun guys who want to shoot the carbine and solicit the services of some precision shooters from outside of our "community" to work the bolt gun.

Anyone know where the high power and other rifle shooters hang out?

• 3 weeks later...

I hang out right here. I've shot that match twice now, will be there again this year. The biggest thing is communication. If you can't practice with your partner, forget it.

Other places that aren't too hokey:

www.long-range.com

www.snipersparadise.com

Look for my post on our upcoming match that is kind of ITRC-style, but without the time constraints. Kind of like a round of sporting clays, but with a rifle. :-) It's a FUN match, probably not something to travel to as it is only a one-day deal but if you are in the area don't miss it.

Of course that area would be Montana. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be scared away by lack of "bolt gun" experience. It's still early in the year and there's lots of time to get halfway competent as long as you practice at long range, arbitrary distance a couple times a month between now and the ITRC.

To simplify the "rifle" problem, just get something more or less "stock" for which you can buy factory match ammo, like a Remington 700 (PSS) in 308, 30-06, or 300WM, stick a Leupold M1 scope on it, and call it good.