Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just ordered a Hunter 10mm -- "Necessary" upgrades?

tycoonbob

Hi guys.

I just ordered a Witness Hunter 10mm, and should probably have it here in a few weeks. I know there is all kinds of information on the internet about this firearm, but I'm not sure if the info is current/correct, and some of what I read is contradicting.

So first off, I've read that this firearm comes with 3 factory slide springs. Installed in the gun is a 18.5 lb spring. is this correct? What other springs come with the firearm?

How many magazines come with them?

What are some mods/replacement parts I should buy right away? I was thinking a Wolff 20 or 22 lb spring, but I'll only ever shoot factory loads (well, for the foreseeable future at least). I'll probably do a trigger job on it like I did my Witness Match 9mm, and probably get an ambi safety.

At some point I will probably add fiber sights, and the USPSA base pad (with grams spring/follower kit). Is there anything else I should make sure I replace, either for increased reliability or better shootability?

Thanks!

eg one piece sear, eg hammer,eg light plunger spring,light sear spring, extended firing pin with eg fp spring,egw lighter trigger return spring, polish everthing. trigger will be light years better than factory.

forgot. eg light hammer spring

Edited by chuck s

eg one piece sear, eg hammer,eg light plunger spring,light sear spring, extended firing pin with eg fp spring,egw lighter trigger return spring, polish everthing. trigger will be light years better than factory.

forgot. eg light hammer spring

Why do you need all that for a SAO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I didn't know that . Get a Henning SA trigger set up then.

While it would be nice, I found out with my Elite Match that I was able to tame the SAO trigger to a point that I love it (short reset, light break, etc). Although, I love the look of the flat Henning trigger...so I may still get it for my Elite Match (which I hope to use to get into USPSA later this year).