Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forcht VFD conversion

Craig and I had a long discussion about him coming out with a VFD drive. If you notice, he's got my decapping pin detector setup in a billet bracket.

Do you have info on the decapping pin detector. I hate it when that thing slides up and I don't notice.

It is a micro switch that will activate and send a signal to the GS2 VFD to shut down the motor if the decapping rod is pushed up by a stubborn crimped primer, Berdan primer or a bent pin etc.

I am NOT affiliated to Craig in any way.....I just like stuff that works.

You can make it with a set collar and weld a steel bar to the side, then drill/tap 2x holes for the microswitch. Many ways to do it. The aluminum billet looks cool!

Edited by Kaskillo

Here's the way I did mine, which Craig added the cool factor to on his. It's just a simple continuity check, there's no amperage and very low voltage going through it when the pin hits the music wire.

Mine is nothing more than a Delrin plug that I machined to fit the hole above the primer station. It is countersunk underneath to allow for the longer shells. I drilled/tapped a hole in the tool head to retain it in place, as I noticed it was wanting to spin occasionally.

post-48714-0-48996800-1421080806_thumb.j