Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't remove pins to replace hammer on CZ SP01 Shadow

Nimitz

that might be interesting, PM me your address ....

I guess I should also look at loosening the over travel screw a tad? I assume that counter clockwise increases over travel? How sensitive is it?

Cock the pistol and hold the hammer as if you were going to manually decock it. Pull it back off the sear and then slowly ride it forward. If you feel the hammer drag or catch on the sear as you ride it forward it's too tight. back the screw out at 1/4 turn increments until it moves freely all the way down without touching the sear. I usually give it one more quarter turn past that just to make sure I have enough clearance.

I set the over travel screw with the main spring out of the gun.

Cock the hammer and hold pressure on it with your thumb.

Turn the overtravel screw clockwise some and pull the trigger to see if the sear will release. Keep turning it clockwise until the overtravel screw goes in far enough to keep the hammer from falling when you pull the trigger.

After that keep pressure on the hammer with your thumb and keep pressure on the trigger while turning the over travel screw counterclockwise until the trigger falls. Then back the screw out another 3/4 to 1 turn to get clearance between the sear and the hammer hooks.

Once I get that I back the screw out while counting how many turns it takes to get some threads exposed. Around 6 is enough. I put a drop of red loctite on it and turn it back in the same number of turns.

Double check that the gun does not have any drag between the hammer and sear and that it doesn't have excessive overtravel.

• 3 weeks later...

Just chiming in here: I had a hammer replace on a Mink-built Shadow after 6 months of constant use.

Matt replaced with a CZUB hammer and said that some of the stocker hammers were too soft and that the CZUB hammer should last longer...

Hard to rememeber, but I think it would just fall to 1/2 cock all the time...

Just chiming in here: I had a hammer replace on a Mink-built Shadow after 6 months of constant use.

Matt replaced with a CZUB hammer and said that some of the stocker hammers were too soft and that the CZUB hammer should last longer...

Hard to rememeber, but I think it would just fall to 1/2 cock all the time...

Stock hammeror competition hammer?