Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 sights ?

p7fl

With the P-series, it depends on the caliber. #8/#8 is normally 9mm and.357 Sig. #6/#8 is for .40 and .45. Not sure if the 320's follow suit, but most of the #8/#8 sets I've read about were on 9mm's.

• 3 months later...

Put on AmeriGlo HACK #SG-533 .220 front-.250 rear.

Can you please let us know of they shoot poa/poi? I find the stock sight on my 320C and 320F shoot high.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1 month later...

Just sold my EDC P-250 9mm SC and bought a P-320 9mm SC to replace it. Intended use is EDC and IDPA BUG matches. Went to the range yesterday to check ammo power floor and sight zero. From a rest, thru the chrono the 320 was grouping acceptable at 10 yards. I set up 3 targets in the "IDPA classifier" configuration, and from 7 yards, couldn't hit zip....like missed the heads, even missed the down 1s. This didn't happen with the P-250. I got out my XDm 3.8 9mm, which has Dawson F/O and adj. rear, and went instantly all down zero. Only .2" MORE BARREL LENGTH !

My conclusion after trying the 320 again is that it must be the sights and my old eyes. I hate to have to do it but it looks like I may have to part with more $$ and send it off to Gray Guns for some sight changes. Maybe action work also since I don't find the trigger all that much to rave about at least compared to our 4 Springfields that have had either PR or Springer triggers installed.

JD

Update: Having said all that, I just found my Testors flouresent model paint kit and did the front sight with orange. Looks pretty bright! After it dries, the plan is to black out the rear dots with a sharpie and see where that goes...

jd

Edited by jdlincoln

sights on my p320 SC use an idiotic "Six o'clock hold". wtf is that?? groups are good, but, here's my groupings, all of which shoot high. so i too need new sights. plus, i hate 3 dot sights and the front sight is wayyyyy too big.

post-28301-0-53397600-1436721033_thumb.j

post-28301-0-71667100-1436721102_thumb.j

I just installed LPA target sights for a 226 on my P320. They are fantastic, if you can handle the rear hanging 1/4" off the back of the gun. It doesn't bother me a bit as I use it for Bianchi Cup/AP shooting in Production.

Update on post above:

The paint and blacking out the rear dots worked great, at least for me. It allowed me to focus on the front sight without getting the blurring I was getting from having all 3 dots in the same picture at different distances from each other. Once I could focus, I found I needed to drift the rear almost 1 front sight blade width to the right to get zeroed. All is good now! But...I'll probably go for a sight change to Dawsons eventually.

JD

jdlincoln,

Good to hear as I am toying with the idea of buying a P320 Compact to match my Full Size Game Gun.

I'm running Dawson Precision Fiber Optic Front and Plain Rear on the FS and they regulated perfectly, round strike is at the top of the front sight post at 15 yards (when I do my part).

I have 40 + eyes and only run plain rears at this time for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...