Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

old eyes.what's the fastest set-up ?

sigsauerfan

Good - glad it worked out that well for you. :cheers:

I'll post my results in the next week or so.

as you told me earlier in the thread ; since only 1 eye is corrected , it takes awhile before both eyes blends in one picture loll, but it seems to works good for me so far. yesterday i've kept the lens for 10 hours straight without headache or anything bothering as side effect ; dry fire drills gets more serious now loll!

by the way, the lens i have are ACCUVU MOIST which are disposable lens only good for 12 hours or so. very soft and flexible,i can barely feel it ,and it follows the retine with no delays ,no blurred moments . quite comfortable.

Edited by sigsauerfan

• 4 weeks later...

I too have this afflection. I have tried the following:

1. Pupose built ESS shooting glasses --1.50 left/-2.5 right with a tich of astigmatism- no longer seeing a sharp front sight/distance fine

2. Same Rx with contacts and Oakley- no loger seeing a sharp front sight/distance fine

3. Correcting left eye w contacts, uncorrected dominant right eye/ nearly sharp front sight, distance pretty good but I seem slower in finding and keeping the front sight sharp

4. -1.50 in both left and right with contacts, undecorrecting my right eye. Decent front sight clarity and decent distance

5. -1.50 contacts in both eyes with a +.5 reader full lense safety glasses. Nearly perfect front sight clarity and minimal distance blurring. I am still able to reliably hit an 8 inch plate at 25yrd in limited testing.

I am thinking about going up to .75 or 1.0 to fine tune but I offer this solution FWIW.

YMMV greatly.

PS- I wounder if I just got a -1.0 right contact, would that put me in the same place?

I too have this afflection. I have tried the following:

1. Pupose built ESS shooting glasses --1.50 left/-2.5 right with a tich of astigmatism- no longer seeing a sharp front sight/distance fine

2. Same Rx with contacts and Oakley- no loger seeing a sharp front sight/distance fine

3. Correcting left eye w contacts, uncorrected dominant right eye/ nearly sharp front sight, distance pretty good but I seem slower in finding and keeping the front sight sharp

4. -1.50 in both left and right with contacts, undecorrecting my right eye. Decent front sight clarity and decent distance

5. -1.50 contacts in both eyes with a +.5 reader full lense safety glasses. Nearly perfect front sight clarity and minimal distance blurring. I am still able to reliably hit an 8 inch plate at 25yrd in limited testing.

I am thinking about going up to .75 or 1.0 to fine tune but I offer this solution FWIW.

YMMV greatly.

PS- I wounder if I just got a -1.0 right contact, would that put me in the same place?

fortunately, the simplest solution worked great for me . i now have 2 contact of different power for my strong eye depending if it's a long course or short . i use the +1.25 for indoor matches with closer targets,and +1.00 for longer course with farter targets. that way i don't get a too blurred target . i don't have any correction in my weak eye since i see very,very clear and cut at distance,so i only uses a correction in my SE at 24-26 inches from the eye .

sig, I also have the same problem and went with option 3 in your initial post. With both eyes open you do get two images of the target. I've found that by tilting your head to a certain position both images coincide. It has now become second nature.

• 3 weeks later...