Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my XL650 has arrived

The packages showed up three days early which is great news but I'm not done with my new bench yet.So I have to get busy and finish it.Thanks to Brian for the great service and thanks to the forum for all the great info on here.

Steve

Edited by tracker366

Hurry and get that bench done. I want to see some pictures of the new bench and press. All these post of getting new Dillons is killing me. I am saving for one can't wait to get me one. Congrats on the new Dillon!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You can also temporarily bolt it to Mommas dining table while you finish your bench;)

Good one!

I remember when I first got my 650 several years ago. Reloading room was not finished yet.

Trying to resist using it till everything was ready.

Wife comes home one day from whatever and finds the press clamped to her kitchen counter.

But Honey I needed to make sure it works. Boy did I get some looks. Ya she loves me.

Sweet. I keep putting off drilling my bench for new swage and trimming equipment I got recently that needs to be bolted down. It is a miserable day up in New Hampshire, so I may as well get started.

Enjoy your 650. I wish I had spent the extra $$$ when I got my 550B.

ok here's my new Harbor Freight bench after I cut the legs down some. Hope the pic comes up.

Why did you cut down your HF bench? I have one too... and the height is perfect reaching the down stroke on the handle while standing.

BTW, did you take the time to glue the joints when assembling your bench? I would highly suggest taking the time in doing so when you get a chance, it really helps with strength and stability. The drawers really benefit from gluing too and adding a cross brace using a scrap piece of 1 by 2, glued and screwed prevents the bottom shelf from sagging when alot of weight is placed on it.

10885224_699652543487944_681972826303253

Boxerglocker I shortened it so I can sit or stand,I can't do either for to long do to my back. Yep glue it all but,still have to add the brace under the shelf I got in a hurry. Thanks for reminding me.

Yours looks good too makes mine look bare. Guess I will have to buy more reloading stuff.lol

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!! Well I was finally able to go shoot some of the rounds I loaded, all went good. Today I took my time I loaded 100 rounds in 10-15 minutes with one case that was flipped upside down from the case feeder. I'm real happy that it went so well. Now its time for me to Load, Load, Load.

The XL650 is ONE AWESOME machine.