Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from Socal

Lazr111

Hey guys, my name is Richard. I've been shooting for several years but recently came across a local club in the San Diego area that does USPSA matches that have peaked my interest. I have TRP 1911, a G41, and a G19. Is there any reason that one would be a better gun to start/learn with? I'm going to make a guess that starting in Open class with my FNP45TAC would not be ideal. Also, I'm sure 3 gun will follow as soon as I finish building my rifle.

This seemed to be the best source of information for both action shooting and reloading which I would like to start doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I shot my first IDPA match on Saturday. It was a blast. The only thing on my mind for the rest of the weekend was finding more matches! I have no idea what the results were, but I was very happy with how I did and I learned a lot!

I shot the G41 and it did/felt great. I like that gun, but it was REALLY in its element. Its incredible how much different it seemed from shooting at a static range.

I will be back, that's for sure.

Welcome Richard. You will learn alot from this forum. To see most mathches held in Southren California go to Oceanside pistol.com. There is a calendar on the web page of most matches held throughout the area. Brian G at LDF maintains the web page.