Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Extended safety

JSkala

They can be a real SOB and you will run out of hands.

Here's what I do:

* Put a cable tie through the hammer and loop it under the grip to hold the hammer back.

* Hold the RHS safety in place with clear tape.

* Lever the sear spring out of the slot and out of the way.

* Hold the frame in your left hand, hammer towards you. Reach over and slide the RHS safety in with your right hand. It'll go most of the way in. Now here's the tricky part. You need to use a small pin punch to push the safety plunger out of the way whilst pushing the safety in whilst also pushing the back of the sear down a bit. The last bit is important, I find it won't go in if you don't. I discovered it after hours of trying to put the safety back in my TS with no luck. So I took the slide of my CM and looked at how it was put together and noticed the sear position was a bit different put together vs not.

I haven't needed to "fit" either of my two safeties to the guns.

www.olegnikitin.com

This might help. He has pretty good section with 70+ pictures

Those pictures helped a lot. Certainly not the easiest dis/reassembly process, with the little safety detent parts. But I succeeded. Extended RHS safety fit perfectly. While I was at it, I switched out the front site too. A pain to hammer out and back in, but I did it.

Ready for next Sunday's match!

www.olegnikitin.com

This might help. He has pretty good section with 70+ pictures

Those pictures helped a lot. Certainly not the easiest dis/reassembly process, with the little safety detent parts. But I succeeded. Extended RHS safety fit perfectly. While I was at it, I switched out the front site too. A pain to hammer out and back in, but I did it.

Ready for next Sunday's match!