Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos trigger job on STI Steelmaster

Jrb305

I bought my Trubor from Brazos and decided to leave it alone since it was my first 2011 and first open gun. I just wanted to shoot it and learn about myself and the gun before I changed anything. Just like calvin I was pleasantly surprised by the stock trigger. 10,000 rounds later and still haven't done anything to it.

If you think you'll ever want a trigger job...you may as well get it done now. It's like buying a new sports car and putting cheap tires on it to see how it'll drive from the factory. Why not go ahead and have it done now? $250 is right in line with most gunsmiths and your won't have to send it back or be without the gun later on, should you decide you want a trigger job. Plus, you'll be garuanteed not to have "maybe i should've gotten the trigger job" rolling around in your head EVERYTIME you pick up the gun.

Buying an Open gun is not the time to save a few bucks...just saying.

Cheers623

DVC

I would be happy to test the trigger on the gun you purchase before doing the trigger job and can tell you what the pull is poundage wise and evaluate the feel of the trigger pull. You can then decide if you want it or not. They vary from 3 1/2 lbs. 5 lbs. and from very crisp with pre-travel and overtravel adjusted properly to a little bit of creep and sometimes no adjustment to overtravel or pre-travel. The overtravel and pre-travel are very easy to adjust yourself. Believe it or not it is easier/better for me to ship the gun as is. I do want you to be happy with it either way.