Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-85 Combat Satin Nickel? anyone know anything about these?

librarian45

I recently acquired this and I can't really find much info about them.

Anyone now when these were made?

How's the nickel hold up?

It's got adjustable sights (which I dig,) but that Euro-lume stuff is lame.

Are they on the USPSA Production list or are they too few? (Looked it up, it's on the list)

i'm still too much of a noob to post links.

I'll attach a pic later.

Edited by librarian45

I'm wonder which would be a better set-up for USPSA prod.

the cz85 combat, or a sp01?

The extended mag release, adjustable sights, and adjustable over travel on the 85 are cool features... but the sp01 of course has the big heavy pic-rail.

Anyone with experience with both?

I've had my 85 Combat in satin nickel finish for ten years. The finish holds up quite well. It's been unholstered and holstered in a Cendex kydex holster thousands of times. It is very reliable and I can could the number of failures to feed or eject on one hand in upwards of 10,000+ rounds. It still has the original magazine springs and the original extractor. The adjustable rear sight broke a couple of years ago. I ordered another rear sight from CZ-USA and the gunsmith installed it. The only other mod is a CZ Custom action job and trigger kit they installed. Those modifications were well worth the money.

You now have a fine 9mm pistol that should last you a long time if you take care of it. In the hands of a good shooter, it can be very competitive in Production.

Chris