Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III's

Gdub

Is a stock II also too heavy for IDPA?

I believe the Stock II is not legal for IDPA due to the bull barrel. Here is the text from the current rulebook:

8.1.7. Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for All Divisions
The following features and modifications are not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically allowed in the rulebook.
8.1.7.3. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing except as allowed in ESP and CDP divisions with length restrictions.
8.2.2 Enhanced Service Pistol Division (ESP)
8.2.2.2. ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):
8.2.2.2.21. Heavy or cone style barrels on firearms with barrel lengths of 4.25” or less.
Edited by BrazeauRacing

Yep, the Limited Pro is good for IDPA. However, my Limited Pro wouldn't fit in the box without shortening the beaver tail of the frame, so I shoot it in ESP with a modified beaver tail, a modified magwell, single sided safety, and cocked-n-locked for the start condition. :)

eaaWLP_01.jpg

Edited by BrazeauRacing

Is a stock II also too heavy for IDPA?

I believe the Stock II is not legal for IDPA due to the bull barrel. Here is the text from the current rulebook:

8.1.7. Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for All Divisions

The following features and modifications are not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically allowed in the rulebook.

8.1.7.3. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing except as allowed in ESP and CDP divisions with length restrictions.

8.2.2 Enhanced Service Pistol Division (ESP)

8.2.2.2. ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):

8.2.2.2.21. Heavy or cone style barrels on firearms with barrel lengths of 4.25” or less.

This is correct however they do make Stock II's with a straight barrel. I had one in 9mm and it weighed 43.5 ozs. It is even more a unicorn than the bull barrel ones. I got rid of it when IDPA changed the rules and that was a stupid move on my part. If you can find a Stock II lower; you can add a LimPro or Stock I upper and it should be close on weight. Just a thought.