Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 vs STI & CZ

F6Hawk

It seems to me from reading many posts on here and other gun forums that 1911-type pistols seem to dominate the bullseye arena, but I see a lot of STIs & CZs on these forums for open gun, IPSC, etc type of shooting.

Why is this?

TIA!

F6

use STI as a search term on gunbroker..also try sv, svi, strayer or infinity..

you should find several open and limited division guns.

in the coming months you should see Caspian become more prevalent too as they begin making mags..possibly Para too..

round count is the reason..for USPSA/IPSC..round count is important and the more bullets you can hold, it gives one more advantage..this is mainly in the Open and Limited divisions..

There is a little more variety being used in the production division..

STI/SVI are pretty high-end guns, and neither company really churns them out like, say, Kimber or Springfield. I suspect that there are multiple forces at work here. First, not many folks want to pony up $2k for a "production" gun, no matter that they are extraordinarily advanced firearms; possibly the current state-of-the-art in 1911 guns. Second, the tactibilly crowd seems to view SxI as "gamer" guns and their mouth-breathing disciples follow their lead with the usual herd mentality unswerved from their sheep-like devotion by facts (such as the reliabilty, accuracy, and capacity of the average SxI ;) ).

Those are just my opinions, of course, generated after spending way too much time engaged in my favorite spectator sport (human observation) in the Law Enforcement/Mouth Breather section of last weekend's SHOT Show :D

Alex

STI/SVI are pretty high-end guns, and neither company really churns them out like, say, Kimber or Springfield. I suspect that there are multiple forces at work here. First, not many folks want to pony up $2k for a "production" gun, no matter that they are extraordinarily advanced firearms; possibly the current state-of-the-art in 1911 guns. Second, the tactibilly crowd seems to view SxI as "gamer" guns and their mouth-breathing disciples follow their lead with the usual herd mentality unswerved from their sheep-like devotion by facts (such as the reliabilty, accuracy, and capacity of the average SxI ;) ).

Those are just my opinions, of course, generated after spending way too much time engaged in my favorite spectator sport (human observation) in the Law Enforcement/Mouth Breather section of last weekend's SHOT Show :D

Alex

Quit mincing words and tell us what you REALLY think.... :D:P;)