Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K100 Mk 7 Holster Options

MikeRush

I'm looking for a holster to stuff my new K100 Mk 7 in, I've read about a few options- using an XD holster, a large frame Glock holster, or the GP6 holster.

My intent is to later have a custom holster made (when I can get the gun to the maker) or alternately figure out how to do Tek Look attachment points on my own holster work (its easy to make a holster but haven't mastered the mount, just loops).

That being the case I'd love it is I could use a cheap BladeTech Revolution holster for now. Any thoughts on using the XD vs G21 holster for the K100?

I tried both the Glock and XD options after reading that they would fit.

...not even close. The XD at least has a similar width and trigger guard shape, it appears. I ended up using that holster after heating and reforming it to a P1.

Kydex is, for all intents and purposes, infinitely ductile/malleable/whatever. You can detach the kydex from a hybrid holster and pop it in the oven on a baking sheet, and it will turn right back into a perfectly flat piece of plastic. I've found that to be the optimal way for heating kydex for the detailed 'press' method...but I don't do it. Frankly, I don't see a need to have the kydex so detailed that I can practically read the serial number off it.

I just use a heatgun (the basic ~$15 model from Harbor Freight works just fine) and work the kydex by hand. It does not take much to alter a totally different holster to fit your gun, provided there's enough material there to work with. Alternatively, if you've already go some spare parts (belt loops, a paddle, or whatnot), you can make an all-kydex holster from scratch for practically nothing.

Alright, that's it. I'm going to zip tie a Blackhawk nylon holster to my BOSS hanger.

Thanks for the feedback to both of you, it will save my time!

I've got a bunch of kydex and have done a variety of holsters... I have some time off over the holidays so I will figure out a jig for the tek lok attachment points. Then next time I'm in St George I'll talk to Jim at Tac Tech Cal. He does amazing work and the carbon fiber pattern kydex looks awesome.

Free plug? Heck, plug away, 'cause he's got X-Cal pictures! :D

I have not gotten to see a lot of detailed photos of X-Cals in general, and especially not the mk12's coming in now. I am very impressed by the attention to detail on the rear slide serrations- I can tell that they put some extra time into carefully rounding all the sharp edges while still keeping the lovely aggressive looks. I am subsequently a little disappointed that the front cuts don't seem to have that, though...looks a little sharp.

When I get a chance, I will post pics of my modified XD holster. It's a Safariland, cost maybe $35? Pretty cheap option if you don't mind spending maybe thirty minutes, tops, fitting it to your K100.

You can also use the GP6 holster as is. The difference in the barrel shape does not prevent the MK7 from sitting nicely. My trick was to hit down on the grips and to get a rebound effect from the recoild spring for a faster draw.

PM sent.