Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Upgraded to Shadow Target Level

nmbpman

Hello everyone,

I just ordered a SP-01 and was wondering a few things. Is it possible to upgrade it close to a Shadow Target. I plan to follow Kneelingatlas's trigger tuning guide and maybe mixing it in with some other's guides (from the CZ forum) for the trigger work. If I am correct the SP-01 has a firing pin block, right? Is that going to be much trouble as far as tuning performance goes? Also, exactly which trigger are they using in the Target's from the custom shop? I realize I will have to get the slide milled for for the adjustable rear sight and swap out the front sight as well. As far as grips go, I will decide that at a later time. I plan on swapping the mag release, guide rod, the mag brake, hammer spring plug, and slide stop. I'm very new to the CZ's so any of input would be appreciated if I have overlooked anything. This is going to be a production gun. Thank you in advance.

Edited by nmbpman

Yeah, that 8 week wait will be a killer. I'm going to try and use the factory sights for a while until I get a chance to get the slide milled. I want to get the trigger job and all the other parts swapped before I send it off.

CZ Custom has been hustling getting AccuShadows and such done for folks in CA before our window closes end of year, on top of normal order volume.

Hopefully when you are ready after the other stuff, the queue wait time might be shorter.

I do feel sorry for all the shooters in CA having to deal with that pressure. I'm sure everyone is scraping everything they have together, to get all the guns they think they might want before for they are screwed.

Link to the BS our California friends will be facing? I'm in Vermont, and we're (knock on wood) enjoying 2A rights for now.

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/roster/

There was a work around that let us in CA get guns through dealers/from out of state that weren't on the CA 'safe handgun roster' -- that work around (SSE/Single Shot Exemption) goes away Dec 31, so folks digging in / buying against uncertain timeframe until restrictions on what we can buy goes away.

• 2 weeks later...