Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Metal pistol options for IDPA SSP/USPSA Production?

I don't really need to go down this road, but you know how that goes. Is there a good 9mm competition metal pistol ideal for SSP/Production which does not have a double-action trigger or safety? Imagine this, a Glock 34/XDM 5.25/M&P competition type pistol with a 3.5lbs trigger job but in a metal frame? Do all metal pistols generally come hammer style and have some combo of DA and safety?

Let me give you some background...I already have a CZ custom shadow DA/SA, G34, XDM 5.25. I'll tell you, I love my CZ and although I started off with it SSP/Production in DA mode, I like it better now running it ESP with safety and comming off the SA trigger pull first shot. The DA is not really all that bad, but I better hope there is a up close body shot to start the string on. On the Glock34 in SSP/Production, its hard to beat that simple great trigger pull of that Venak trigger on the first shot. Just wondering if there is the best of both worlds.

You could also look at replacing you CZs main/hammer spring with one of Cajun Gunwork's 11.5lbs and 8.5lbs. I am running the 8.5lbs hammer spring and have 4lbs DA. As a pure drop in on your custom expect closer to 5lbs DA. The 8.5lbs limits you to federal primers and the 11.5lbs will work with Federal and Winchester. I have heard CCI will work too but do not have direct experience.

http://cajungunworks.com/spring_kits.html

I am also not aware of a striker fired steal gun.

Edited by brisix

1911 in Single Stack minor? Production was initially a DA/SA division where almost everything that wasn't a 1911/BHP/SAO pistol could play. Glocks and XDs were allowed... although in IPSC the XD is still not allowed as they classify it as a single action pull.

The new arsenal has an alloy frame option but I don't think its approved yet.

If you want a nice metal "single action" gun, might I suggest any division besides production or revolver? That's the dominant setup in the rest of the divisions. Is there a reason you want to shoot one in Prod?

I'm going the other way, looking for a polymer gun with a nice DA/SA trigger for prod. Picking up a K100.

When it comes to the Grand Power guns Mike, it's only a polymer grip.

It's a cnc machined steel chassis under the grip.
The slide rides on frame rails machined into the chassis and the lockwork is also in the steel frame.

Sort of like the 2011, the grip houses the trigger and mag catch.