Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder measure problem

I am reloading sub sonic 9mm rounds 3.6 grains of tightgroup powder. My problem is the charge bar sticks about 3/4 of the way over and fails to dispense any powder. It does return fully with no sticking but as I said it just won't go far enough to get the powder to drop. Any ideas what's causing this??

Check the linkage that runs the charge bar back and forth. I've had the small, white plastic "block" jump off the slot on the charge bar. Also a broken spring on the return. I matched my machine with the exploded drawing in the manual. It helped. Also could be some powder or foreign material jamming the charge bar. Keep us posted.

buckaroo45

Certified American Voter and Gun Toter

Naval Aviator - North Viet Nam

NRA Life

Yadda-Yadda

Can you manually move the bar the full travel? What press are you using? The Dillon powder measure is case activated. If station 2 is not adjusted properly, the bar won't travel fully. Check that you are using the correct funnel. Check that the powder measure collar is tightened in the proper part of the powder die.

When did the problem start? Was it when you changed calibers or from the start? Was there a time it was working correctly and just started having problems? Also, does it happen all the time or just sporadically? If you have a different powder measure , switch them out and see if you have the same problem.

Problem found---- my bellcrank cube either pops out or comes out of position. Dillon said check to see if the bellcrank screw is tight and it was. He said then there is something seriously wrong and send it in, better check to see if the body of the measurer isn't cracked which he said could be a possibility but how I have no idea , really want to thank all of you who replied and some of you multiple times (young eyes). In the meantime I'll just use one off my other calibers

Edited by btc624

Yep that little piece of nylon causes more problems than its worth. I've had Dillon powder measures for over 25 years and that one part seems to always get lost and then you wonder why it's not working. You would think there should be a better way of holding that part in place ????

Make sure your safety rod is going through from the large part to the small part of the measure linkage.

49AE09E7-A300-49C3-B6F4-A8FF576FAA58-128

When I first started I couldn't figure out why things seemed to be binding and it was because I had the bar going right to left through the linkage instead of left to right.