Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Competition Gas Block

OscarMike

Quick review.

They're only avail on brownells for now. Is steel, not aluminum like the ad says. The knob is aluminum. The screw is stainless and the block is steel. They're also a blued finish, not grey like the picture

It has 5.5 rotations from open to close. 6 positions per rotation. So that's 33 settings. It's easy to change settings. Pull out and twist.

It's mounted with 3 hex heads. The bottom has a notch so you can line it up perfectly on a barrel that has the divot for a set screw (mine does). The block was too tight to slide onto the barrel. I had to use a screw driver to spread it slightly to get it on. Once in place it didn't move... Even without the hex heads tightened.

The gas tube was super tight to go in. I couldn't get it in by hand. Good. Hopefully no gas leak like my Samson block did.

I'll update the thread once I shoot with it.

Here are some pictures of it mounted on a satern barrel.

post-50353-141647248569_thumb.jpg

post-50353-141647250298_thumb.jpgpost-50353-141647251623_thumb.jpgpost-50353-141647252991_thumb.jpg

This past weekend I shot in the cold and my rifle started to go single shot. First, I thought it was a mag or ammo issue but when I noticed that nothing was being ejected I finally realized it was a gas problem.

Because of this gas block I was able to make the adjustments during the stage and complete without timing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CRP18 Pro - I had mine in a stuck position, too far closed for the gun to run well so I sent it back and they took care of me (this was on their first run of these guns as I was an early adopter of the rifle).