Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Wide Body in 3Gun?

Butterpuc

I don't have any details, but a buddy of mine called me and asked if I was interested in a Caspian wide body kit he has come across at a good price (I hope).

I really don't have a desire to shoot 40S&W in USPSA Limited, I prefer shooting 45acp SS. But I would like to upgrade to a double stack style 9mm for 3gun, IDPA ESP, USPSA Limited minor....

I am completely ignorant of Caspian, is capacity an issue?

LOL Their tactical mags hold 18. their Quick Change mags hold 22 and their are some 170mms (if they are legal for 3 gun) that hold 28. I don't think capacity will be an issue.

Is the slide in this kits set up for 9mm?

The 22 round mag is that their equivalent to a 140mm magazine? And the tactical 18 round mag equivalent to 126mm?

I understand the slide does come with the kit. I'm ignorant of this firearm, it seems that everyone is using STI/SVI...

I have a Caspian in 9mm. It has a 5 inch bull barrel and shoots very soft. I have the140 mags with grams spring and follower kits. They all hold 24 reloadable. Be sure to verify the slide is a 9mm before you buy. Hope it works out for you.

I have a Caspian in 9mm. It has a 5 inch bull barrel and shoots very soft. I have the140 mags with grams spring and follower kits. They all hold 24 reloadable. Be sure to verify the slide is a 9mm before you buy. Hope it works out for you.

What magazine did you purchase? Any reliability issues?

I will certainly check on the slide first thing. He's a friend of mine, we haven't exchanged any money, even if we had he wouldn't do me wrong.

The mags are the newer style Caspian called the quick change models. I bought them from brownells. They did require tuning to be reliable. I also have a couple of the earlier versions that hold 19, they ran fine out of the box. I have medium sized hands and the Caspian grip feels great to me.