Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01, Bayou 135, Vhitavuori N320

johnsons1480

Just wanted to share my recent range trip with the new gun and what I have so far with the load. 1.100" was the maximum I could get with the plunk test with my gun and this particular bullet. I may play with the OAL a little and see if I can improve the accuracy, but I'm considering just calling it good.

Bullet: Bayou Bullets 135gr RN
OAL: 1.100"
Powder: VV N320
Crimp: 0.378
Brass: Federal range pickup
Primer: Winchester SPP

Chrono_zps47433f94.png

The best group was 3.6 gr of N320 at about 4", but 3.7 and 3.8 weren't significantly worse. They were between 4 and 5 inches. I believe I'm going to go with 3.7 gr as my load.

ETA: If anyone knows how to post chrono log's html directly into the post and have it show up correctly, please let me know.

Edited by johnsons1480

4-5" groups seem a little big for a Shadow unless you are out at 25-30 yds ...? However, probably still good to go ...

That's my issue with 135gr moly and N320 could not get the group smaller in my Shadow, it's probably me:)

4-5" groups seem a little big for a Shadow unless you are out at 25-30 yds ...? However, probably still good to go ...

It's not a shadow, just a regular SP-01. Those were 25 yard groups.

Here is the 3.6 gr group, I managed to corrupt the other two pictures.

BayouBullets_9mm_135_VVN320_36gr_1100OAL

What distance? This is my load for my Shadow 135 BC 3.5 N320 @ 1.12

This is the same load I use except with a Bayou Bullet. Shoots a tiny little group at 20 yards off a rest from my SP-01 Shadow.

Edited by robb315

I know 1.125" is too long for my SP-01. That's the length for my Glock bullets, and it didn't work. The longest I could go and pass the plunk test was 1.100". The only way I can go from here is down. I'm considering loading 10 each of 1.100", 1.095", 1.090", 1.085", and 1.080" with 3.6 gr of powder. Shoot those 5 groups over a chronography and pick the best one. If necessary I would then redo the powder charge test.

That seems like a lot of time wasted doing load development when I could be practicing though. I'll probably just call it good enough for now at 1.100", 3.7 gr.

I know 1.125" is too long for my SP-01. That's the length for my Glock bullets, and it didn't work. The longest I could go and pass the plunk test was 1.100". The only way I can go from here is down. I'm considering loading 10 each of 1.100", 1.095", 1.090", 1.085", and 1.080" with 3.6 gr of powder. Shoot those 5 groups over a chronography and pick the best one. If necessary I would then redo the powder charge test.

That seems like a lot of time wasted doing load development when I could be practicing though. I'll probably just call it good enough for now at 1.100", 3.7 gr.

You would think all CZ have same length. I'm in the process of testing 3.5 N320 @ 1.100 for accuracy. Keep it up.

My "go to" load for my CZ SP01 is 3.6 grains of VV N320 under a 135 grain Bayou Bullet (OAL 1.1 - CCI#500 SPP). I'm getting 132 power factor with a standard deviation of 8. My last major match I chrono'ed at 131.6 PF with the temperature at 40 degree F.

I'm not sure if this accounts for the power factor bump but my Shadow has about 15,000 rounds through the barrel.

Here's a video me loading that very recipe :)

My "go to" load for my CZ SP01 is 3.6 grains of VV N320 under a 135 grain Bayou Bullet (OAL 1.1 - CCI#500 SPP). I'm getting 132 power factor with a standard deviation of 8. My last major match I chrono'ed at 131.6 PF with the temperature at 40 degree F.

I'm not sure if this accounts for the power factor bump but my Shadow has about 15,000 rounds through the barrel.

Here's a video me loading that very recipe :)

Nice set up:)

Nice Razor! I like the mirrors to check the feeders. I'll have to do that. Are you lubing your cases? That seems to run smoother than mine. I have a carbide die and it worked great on my turret press but I guess doing 4 stations at a time adds the stress of the pull.

I lube all of my pistol brass with a bit of Hornady One Shot Case Lube even though technically I don't need to with carbide dies. Light enough that I don't have to clean it off and slippery enough to run the press smoothly. A smoother running progressive press yields more consistent ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

My G34 really likes Bayou 135s with 3.5 to 3.6 grains of N320 @1.130 to 1.135. Chronos at 131 to 133 PF. @1.130 and 3.6 grains had tighter groups. I use 3.6 Grains of N320 @ 1.130 with these Bayou 135s also for my STI Trojan. It gets 130 PF. Shoots so soft!