Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P09 Safety

Bruce

The P09 is a great pistol. I put one through the paces today and found it to be extremely accurate, quick, and 100% reliable in about 500-600 rounds of mixed brands / bullet weights, including handloads.

The one issue, and it is a big one for me, is coming from a 1911/2011 platform, I find disengaging the thumb safety is very difficult at speed. Shooting hand thumb comes down over the back end of the thumb safety (which, of course, does not and will not engage it), but the front end of thumb safety seems rather smooth and lying very flat to the frame.

Does anyone sell a wider safety, so that I can get more safety under more thumb??:) Other ideas?

Thanks

Does anyone sell a wider safety, so that I can get more safety under more thumb?? :) Other ideas?

The safety on CZs is badly placed for cocked & locked carry, particularly if you have small hands. Learn the DA first shot.

I recently purchased a 2014 P-07, and immediately installed the manual safeties because I am used to cocked & locked with my 1911s and single action Tanfoglios. After doing several evenings of dryfire practice with the P-07 to get a feel for it, I ended up changing back to the decockers before ever shooting it at the range because I did not like the size/shape/placement of the manual safteies. I'd rather deal with a long DA first shot than to risk not disengaging the safety in an emergency/speed draw.

I also found that I didn't like the shape of the safeties that came with my p 07. However, I have absolutely no problem with the safeties on my shadows, 75s, 85, or TS. In fact, in IDPA, I usually shoot ESP and have no problems operating the safeties. The polymer omegas are different animals.