Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vinci mag tube extensions....which one?

eddiegunks

Hey all

What are your experiences been with the mag tube extensions? Roth? Nordic? Lancer?

Are the one piece Roth tubes the way to go? Are they any better than the Nordic? I like the nordic idea of being able to change the tubes (like for andy's matches), do the feed okay over the two piece design?

How about the lancers? Anyone try them? They are less expensive. How do the attach? Do the work well?

Thanks for the help

Eddie

Edited by eddiegunks

I've been running the Nordic extension since I picked up a Vinci in May. I have never had any feed issues over about 1200 rounds. I don't recall the exact size, but I have the 10 round capacity tube that I added a Shooters Source +2 end cap onto for 12 total. Dumped in barrels with no barrel clamp and zero problems. I like the fact that the next Horner match I shoot I can just swap the Nordic MXT tube and not have to deal with plugs. Not that it's that much of an inconvenience, but one less thing to bother with.

A buddy of mine runs the RCI tube and swaps out a +2 end cap depending on the match. I've never known him to have any problems either. It does have built in QD sling points, which is nice to have. I'm partial to the Nordic because it's what I have and I like the fact that I could replace the tubes for capacity, but you couldn't go wrong either way. Both companies make good stuff.

No experience with the Lancer extension, sorry. Love their rifle parts though!

Apologies. I guess it isn't built in,but rather "easily enabled." At the "fat" part just beyond the handguard there are some ribs with holes in them. RCI makes a QD mount that screws right into these holes. My friend has his all cerakoted, so I thought it was integrated until you asked.

Link to QD mount:http://www.xrailbyrci.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1401-XVQDS1&Category_Code=XTENSION

Either one will work great and have great support if anything happens. You will likely find very few people who have used both in their gun. They likely picked one and it worked, so why change. You'll probably get a lot of "I have the (NC/RCI) tube and it works great!" responses.

I like the interchangeability of the Nordic extension and feel it's a great value as it's a fair bit cheaper and has run perfectly for me. Good luck.

Nordic 4 Life, y'all.

But seriously, both products are extremely viable.

Here's why I like the Nordic: Totally modular. Both names are expensive units, but with the nordic MXT system, everything from a +0 plug with a standard sling swivel stud or a QD-cup, to a +9 with a coupler and another +9 available, there is an infinite amount of configurability with the NC system. Tayloring your Vinci for matches or hunting alike, the NC system gives the end-user the ultimate platform, without having to buy several $250 extensions.

thanks everyone!

i got a certificate for nodic from my friend.....so i ordered the nordic set up.

i appreciate all the info. i will post pics when it arrives. (i know i know you all know what they look like....). they said the tubes will be back in stock in about 2 weeks or so.

i guess i wont make the obcats shotgun match on nov.8.....can someone lend me a SG? lol

cheers

eddie