Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local 650 for sale, value?

I found a 650 for sale locally to me, and the asking price is 900. It is setup with strong mount, roller handle, casefeeder... all the normal stuff. He is throwing in some powder and bullets and it has 2 tool heads... But, I don't know much about blue loading equipment, or if this is a good price.

Thoughts?

I would sit down and add up all the costs of what you are getting.

650 =$566

Strong mount and roller handle is $100

Case feeder $220

For those things brand new you are at $886

Now the question becomes just how much extra are you getting? Ar eyou getting any caliber conversions? Dies? Two extra tool heads is like $60. Not a whole lot of cash there unless it has the powder drops and powder dies.

I would sit down and add up all the costs of what you are getting.

650 =$566

Strong mount and roller handle is $100

Case feeder $220

For those things brand new you are at $886

Now the question becomes just how much extra are you getting? Ar eyou getting any caliber conversions? Dies? Two extra tool heads is like $60. Not a whole lot of cash there unless it has the powder drops and powder dies.

It came with two complete tool heads (and 45 caliber conversion, currently set up for 40) with dies for 40 and 45 (dillon 40's and carbide rcbs 45s) low primer alarm, powder check, and a bunch of other goodies.

Now I have this question: so I have a set of carbide 9mm rcbs dies that I don't use very often (used them on my single stage when I loaded on that). I don't own a 45 (yet!) but was wondering, what is keeping me from using the new tool head and powder throw and with my 9mm dies? I would have to get some of the other parts of the caliber conversion, but don't I already have most of it?

totally new here so if I'm completely off base feel free to tell me!

Glad someone grabbed that. I was tempted but having just added a second 650 I thought I better not. lol. For 9mm I am using Dillon dies with the addition of a Lee FCD (Factory Crimp Die) in position #5. I have the Dillon setup DVD if you would like to borrow it.

Well to answer your question about dies.

I have a 650 had it for about 10 years and I have rcbs dies,lee dies,dillon dies,hornady dies,.

I think you should see that most all dies will work.But you will need the conversion kit !

One other thing to check. If it was setup to run .45 then chances are it is setup for large primers. You will need to switch it over to small primer for .40/9mm. If you are shooting Dundee Saturday I will bring the DVD. Use it as long as you need it. It is a great help to get up and running.