Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan in .40......ESP?

2muchvdos

There may be an occasional advantage in 9+1 loading. So instead of converting them all to ten rounds, think about keeping a couple of 9 round mags around. One sanctioned match I attended last fall before the new rule book had advantages throughout for 9+1 loading. Just something to think about.

There may be an occasional advantage in 9+1 loading. So instead of converting them all to ten rounds, think about keeping a couple of 9 round mags around. One sanctioned match I attended last fall before the new rule book had advantages throughout for 9+1 loading. Just something to think about.

Just remember, if you do 9+1 for one mag on one stage you have to do it all mags on all stages.

Just remember, if you do 9+1 for one mag on one stage you have to do it all mags on all stages.

Yep.

This. Otherwise you are risking an FTDR.

What if I only have one 9 rounder and the rest are 8??????? If forced to load the 9 rounder to 8 wouldn't that be a FTDR???

NO! You load all mags to the capacity of the lowest capacity mag you are using - that beccomes your Divison capacity. In your example the 9 rounder gets loaded to 8. Now you can load the 9 rounder to 9 IF you use if as your first mag so that after the make ready command you are loaded to 1 in the chamber and 8 in the mag.

FTDR's should only be awared if you intentionally load mags to different capacity to get some advantage.