Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice - Fitting an Aftermarket Glock Barrel

CANDERSEN

I have some gunsmithing abilities for several years I built 9mm 1911's, but always had a real gunsmith fit the barrel. I am into Glocks now and would like to obtain a slightly oversize after market Glock barrel and fit it myself and then see is there is a substantial improvement in accuracy.

In fitting an oversize Glock barrel is it simply fitting the top of the barrel to fit into the slide by either shortening the barrel hood or the leading edge of the barrel where it locks up into the slide; and then possible tweaking the chamber depth?

Thanks Chris

Generally it's the bottom lug and the hood both

What he said. Just make sure you take your time and remove just a touch of material each time. And honestly, my drop in lone wolf and 'super duper holy moly match grade' fitted barrel have less than .25" difference in groupings at 25y. FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candersen:

Some may think the gain wasn't really substantial, but IMO, I was very pleased with the results.

Here's a "test" load I was working on @ 25yds off a makeshift rest; first the stock, Glock barrel:

string5Glk_zps663cb401.png

And the same load through the Bar Sto:

string2BarSto_zps6efd1781.png

And, trust me the "flyers" were a result of my excitement!

HTH's

:)

I can see it being tighter too, but if it would be a plate, you miked 3 shots on the aftermarket barrel =)

I havent repaced mine but I have a KKM ready to be installed. I shoot coated bullets and find them very accurate. Even on the stock barrel. No dirty barrel. No leading so far.