Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge - Infinity Trigger Installation Procedure

RaylanGivens

I want to install an Infinity trigger with different length trigger inserts in my STI Edge .40 S&W. Main reason for the Infinity trigger is to use the long flat trigger insert because I have long fingers. My fingers are too long for the standard plastic trigger that came with my Edge. Have to admit that I also like the look of the Infinity triggers.

What is the procedure for widening the trigger area on an Edge's grip? I haven't removed the trigger from my Edge yet, but it looks like the trigger rides in a polymer channel. What's the best way to widen this channel to fit the Infinity trigger? It seems like a more delicate job than just filing it out with a metal file.

How much wider is the Infinity trigger? It couldn't be too much wider than the original STI trigger because the trigger guard isn't much wider than the trigger itself.

I've searched for articles on this installation, but haven't found any that explain the operation. Any thoughts, ideas, or links would help.

I think generally people swap the infinity trigger onto an STI bow. That's the way I have heard people talk about doing it.

You could also look at the STI "gunsmith blank" triggers. Its an extremely long, flat, polymer trigger. I use one cut back just a bit as I have fairly long fingers as well.

I think generally people swap the infinity trigger onto an STI bow. That's the way I have heard people talk about doing it.

You could also look at the STI "gunsmith blank" triggers. Its an extremely long, flat, polymer trigger. I use one cut back just a bit as I have fairly long fingers as well.

No, we make a bow shaped for the polymer grips and another for our metal grips. Just specify when ordering on our site. Fitting to other metal grips probably would require some modification but should be too much.

Lee

Take the grip off the frame. Take out the magazine release, the factory trigger should slide out the back. Usually the SVI trigger insert is too wide and tall to be a slip in fit I've had the bow fit pretty good from the get go.. I will take a file and remove material from the cut out where the trigger itself comes through. Usually top, bottom, and sides. Check to see if the trigger will go through the opening without the insert in it. Go slow and take off a little at a time.

No, we make a bow shaped for the polymer grips and another for our metal grips. Just specify when ordering on our site. Fitting to other metal grips probably would require some modification but should be too much.

Lee

I ordered what your site calls a "Trigger Bow - Wide Body" and two trigger inserts to try out.

Is that the correct one for polymer (STI Edge) grips?

How do you recommend installing it in an STI Edge with polymer grips?

Lee

That is great to hear! Thank you for correcting me. I may have to order one for my next build.

Take the grip off the frame. Take out the magazine release, the factory trigger should slide out the back. Usually the SVI trigger insert is too wide and tall to be a slip in fit I've had the bow fit pretty good from the get go.. I will take a file and remove material from the cut out where the trigger itself comes through. Usually top, bottom, and sides. Check to see if the trigger will go through the opening without the insert in it. Go slow and take off a little at a time.

That sounds pretty straight forward... I have some small needle files that should work... I'm curious about how much larger the Infinity trigger is... How much material in the grips I will have to remove... I guess I'll find out when my Infinity trigger arrives... Hopefully this week...

Thanks...