Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running a 30" barrel?

dcloudy777

I'm thinking about going to one of the vent-rib barrels on my SLP, and they have them all the way out to 30" Is anyone running a barrel that long? The tube is going to stick out that far anyway... the only downside I can see would be weight.

I don't have a 30", but tried 28" with 12-round capacity and it didn't feel that much different than running a 26" or 24" with that extension for me.

However, weight felt a little different while I was flipping it over to quadload while moving.

I shoot a 28" bbl in my duck gun, it swings decent, but I would not quail hunt with it because it feels sluggish to me. that said, my 26" M3000 with +7+1 is as long as a 30"er so I suppose it might feel about the same.

I have been running a 28" barrel in my M2 ever since I started shooting 3-Gun (off and on since 2006). At first, I was a little upset that I got some bad advice with the long barrel. But, now a few years and matches later, I like it. I have to sit back and laugh to myself when people shoot falling steel targets with a 18 in barrel and the targets just wave to them on the stand (at about 35- 40 yards). My 28" barrel will take them down, no problem. I haven't really shot anything with a shorter barrel, so I can't compare the weight issue, but I am used to what I got now and see no reason to switch. Also, people will make an argument for maneuverability. I have only had an issue one time trying to shoot around a door/barricade but I just switched to shooting it off hand and the problem was solved.