Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do with the revolver division

Sestock

The challenge in shooting revolver in a typical USPSA course of fire is the 'Figure it Out' part! It's a cerebral game coupled with shooting skills! :ph34r:

Which becomes so obvious when the revolver goes click and the shooter starts cursing :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you decide to dump it these people will have one less gun to shoot at our monthly match at $8 to $10 dollars a round you just cost us $80 to $100.....Also two of them shot at nationals this year (revo). What would we gain by getting rid of the revolver division??? Bigger trophies for the other shooters?? How much more work is there if revo shooters show up??? I vote to leave it alone let it grow and then add open revolver.

Burch, Jim

A28983

Revolver

Michali, Dennis

L1963

Revolver

Frick, Dave

A29273

Revolver

Martin, Michael

FY34219

Revolver

Malmgrem, John

A29415

Revolver

Michali, Doug

L1714

Revolver

Baldwin, John

A45269

Revolver

Spoharski, Lenny

L2085

Revolver

Baldwin, Glen

A51028

Revolver

Michali, Cindy

Pen

Revolver

Crusher,

You will find that most of us revolver nuts already have an open revolver siting on the shelf. I shot mine at Area 5 in 2001 in open class and the looks I got were priceless. I use mine for steel matches.

S&W 627 8-shot, with custom barrel from Pinnacle. Hybrid comp with an Omni red dot sight.

So we can shoot a revolver in Production now? The "must fit in the box" rule is gone from the new rule book? However, every revolver shooter carries their ammo in front of their body, this is not allowed in Production.

No more box rule...just an approved gun list...and revolvers are on it (likely).

Some think that the revolver holster could be moved back and to the side...leaving room for a few speed-loaders in front of the hosler. (USPSA has adopted the IPSC rules for equipment position in Production..giving a few more inches of "equipment forward" than we had before.)