Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winners

Duane Thomas

Winners stick with what works while always reevaluating (consistency) while losers try every new fad or gadget to come along while proclaiming that this is THE THING that will change their life or performance.  Winners hang in there even when the going is difficult ---- losers abandon ship at the first sign of a storm.  

"Winners stick with what works while always reevaluating (consistency) while losers try every new fad or gadget to come along while proclaiming that this is THE THING that will change their life or performance. Winners hang in there even when the going is difficult ---- losers abandon ship at the first sign of a storm."

Sure. That's kind of like the inveterate gun changers, the guys who have the ultimate handgun of the week. The criticism here wasn't directed at the folks who retain what works while trying new things, but those who've decided what is by-God the one true technique, and nothing will change their mind. Like, for instance, the ones still shooting Weaver 20+ years after Robbie and Brian proved the Isosceles works better.  

Duane,

"Winners stick with what works while always reevaluating (consistency) " Guess I should have put the emphasis on "reevaluating."  I totally got what you were saying ---- just wanted to expand on it a little.

Ever wonder what Brian would say about our temperaments/personalities as he reads these posts?

Ah, my mistake. I apologize for not understanding your understanding.

Actually I've discussed the topic of personality types with Brian before. We're both fans of the Meyers/Briggs Personality Test. I'm an INFP, if that means anything to you.

Brian, like common sense is not so common???

True winners always look for the good in everything(the cup is always 1/2 full)

It is easy to focus on the bad things as the bad things in life are always there to kick you in the butt and punch you in the nose.

If you truly look hard enough you can see the good things in life which in turn always makes you a winner.