Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3-Gun 2015 - NRA Whittington Center

Just an early heads up on our Johnson 3-Gun matches for 2015.

Johnson 3-Gun matches planned for 2015:

March 21, 22 skills (come either day or both)

Skills Match ill be many short skills related stages on Saturday March 21, and then the skills will be combined for 4 bigger stages on March 22. We've had fun with this to warm us all up for the shooting season!

April 18 RO clinic, match April 19 (come both or just Sunday)
May 9

RO clinic is for anyone wanting to RO any kind of 3-Gun match, but it's focused on natural terrain matches and, of course, our rules. We cover a lot of different philosophies as well. The morning of April 18 will be class time, with some discussions that often echo topics you see here on Enos. In the afternoon, we walk out on the stages and check them out and adjust them as you might have to when ROing a big match. We get a little shooting in that day as we RO each other and talk about clock protocol etc. On Sunday, April 19, 2015, we will hold a regular Johnson 3-Gun match with people from the RO clinic doing most of the ROing as practice. It is usually a pretty fun weekend. This will be our 4th clinic, and each one, we learn something different. We will ask people email about attending the clinic, so we have a good count for materials!

He-Man Nationals May 30-31

June 20 (we may do something special 21, too!)

July 18 or July 19

Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Championship August 13-16

Sept 19

Check out our website: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

Depending on the success of JJ's 2-rifle match on October 11, 2014, he will probably get a couple of those in for the 2015 shooting season as well!

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 4 months later...

A little reminder:

March 21, 22, we will be having our skills weekend to get ready for the 2015 3-Gun season. Skills match is held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM. SMM3G is the next weekend.

On Saturday, we will have 12 stages stressing separate skills. We may even give you a chance to try multiple launchers, singly or all together!! Not that you might need to know that! :devil:

On Sunday, we will combine them into 4 stages that are more "typical" for our Johnson 3-Gun stages.

One day will be $40, both days for the fabulous sale price of $60! :goof: Newbie briefing will start at 0830. Shooter's brief will be 0900 each day/ Planning to start shooting by 0930.

Won't need help on set-up, but we will tear down most of it on Sunday!

More information at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

See you at the range!

:wub: Denise

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder about our first Johnson 3-Gun match of 2015. :goof:

It's March 21-22 at the NRA Whittington Center. You can come Saturday or Sunday or both!

March 21 -12 stages stressing skills to knock the dust off or your guns and your 3-Gun brain

March 22 - 4 stages combining the skills of Saturday into more typical Johnson 3-Gun stages

0830 Newbie briefing both days 0900 Shooter's briefing and we plan to be shooting by 0930

$40 for one day $60 for both.

When you enter the Whittington Center, you need to check in at the gate house and they will have a map to meeting area...but we will probably meet at the IPSC berms.

Also, RO Clinic is April 18, with a 4 Natural Terrain Stage match on Sunday April 19. If you plan to come to the 2015 RO Clinic, please email me so I can be sure to have enough materials. We have some great new material for this year, so even if you've joined us before, there is more to learn.

April 18 - half day seat work followed by time on the range and some shooting.

April 19 - full day of shooting

Come for the whole weekend, or either day. $40 for one day, $60 for both!

Hope to see you at the range!

:wub: Denise (and JJ - but he's not so big on the lovey dovey part!)

P.S. JJ is planning on some of his Practical/Tactical (2 rifle matches with .223 and precision rifle) this year. But, dates have not yet been determined. Feel free to email him if you are oh so interested! :-)

Edited by Benelli Chick

For next weekend's skills match - Saturday, Sunday March 21, 22, 2015 -

Just got news from Gunslinger II (That's the food at the Shotgun building!)

They will be serving breakfast Friday, Saturday and Sunday about 0730.

Lunch on Friday and Saturday about noon.

There will be a dinner buffet on Friday and Saturday night as well around 5:30 pm. Only $15 - soft drink and tax included.

Food's usually pretty good!

:lol:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Got the stages for Saturday set-up...mostly!

Met a family of rodents living in the shed! Sprayed them with peppermint water. (I read on the internet, so it must be so that peppermint in not liked by mice and lizards) Hoping they will abandon their condo and look for better, less Candy Cane smelling digs!

Think it will be a fun match. Kept reset down just a bit! It rained quite a bit today, but right now they are saying I got the brint of it and the weekend looks good! KNOCK ON WOOD!!

See you soon!

Here's today's results from our 12 stage skills match!

Congratulations to:

JJ Johnson - He-Man Iron (Nice job sweetie, but there were only 2 of you!) :wub:

Jared Millinazzo - He-Man Scope

Dave Eggleston and George Murphy - who won Limited Iron and Open respectively...they were the only ones, but they still shot well! :D

Bill Lhotta - Limited Scope

Later, I will publish everyone in one division, so you can compare! :-)

They are posted at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id15.html

It was a fun day! Weather was cooperative and just the right amount of people to get done with 12 stages by 4pm!!! Whoohooo! We had lots of new shooters, new Junior and new Lady!!! IT was great to see some many smiling faces!

Thanks to all the hard workers on scoring, RO'ing and such!

Hope everyone had fun!

Edited by Benelli Chick

What another beautiful day!!!

Shooting went really smoothly! Everyone worked so hard! We really appreciate all the resetting and everything! And the tear down went so fast! :bow:

Congratulations to:

Mike Payne - He-Man Iron

Jared Millinazzo - He-Man Scope

Curtis Brotherston - Limited Iron

John Beazley - Limited Scope

Craig Calkins - Open

Top Lady - Erika Sanderson (Even though I forgot to mark her as a lady...well, she forgot and I did, too!)

Results at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id15.html

Hope everyone had a fun time and enjoyed yourself!

Next match, April 19! Saturday, April 18 is our yearly RO clinic! Lot's of new stuff and a little shooting that day!!

Please let me know if you're planning to come on April 18, so I have enough booklets for you! :goof:

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on booklets for our RO Clinic on April 18, 2015.

I few of you have already told me you plan to attend, but I would really like a good count if you are planning to come down for the Clinic day on Saturday, April 18 in order to have enough materials and be prepared. So, please email me at rm3gun@yahoo.com

Please include whether you would be interested in eating at the Shotgun Restaurant (Gunslinger II) for lunch on Saturday and/or Sunday or dinner on Saturday! No guarantees, but if we get enough interest, JD said he would serve! :-)

Saturday, we have added a couple of new things to make the class different and I think very valuable. We WILL make it out in the afternoon Saturday to shoot a bit, as well! $40 Saturday only. $60 both days!

Our regular Johnson 3-Gun match will be held on Sunday, April 19, 2015. We will have 4 natural terrain stages. The people from the Clinic day will do most of the ROing that day! I don't really need a count for Sunday, but if you want to let me know you're planning to come, I wouldn't be upset!!! $40 Sunday only!

You WILL NEED a rifle sling for this match! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Just a reminder about the April 18-19, 2015 Johnson 3-Gun weekend at the NRA Whittington Center.

Saturday, April 18 is our annual RO clinic. 0830 we will start with seat stuff including some new material for the more advanced RO's!!! :-) Please let me know (if you haven't) if you plan to attend so I can be sure to have enough materials.

Sunday, April 19 is a regular Johnson 3-Gun match. 4 natural terrain stages. Two pistol/rifle, one 3-Gun, one shotgun/rifle...I think!!!

Newbie briefing at 0830. Shooter's briefing 0900. We hope to be shooting by 0930. Right now, we plan to meet on the Cooper range, but please check at the gate in case that changes!!!

See you at the range!!

:wub:

Denise

Also, spread the word...you need a rifle sling this weekend. $40 either day, $60 for both!

Stages are MOSTLY set-up!!! The hail set me back a bit! :surprise: It was just light, foamy stuff, so all good...but it was crazy on and off. When it wasn't hailing, it was very nice 3-Gun weather. It even got hot!

RO Clinic is going to met in shotgun instead of the Ajax classroom.

Sunday, we will meet at Cooper, which is east on the main road! Porta potties right there for any morning moments! :blush:

Weather forecast changes every two minutes, but limited paper and reset. Lot's of gongs, so it should be fun either way!

Don't forget a rifle sling...and although there are just 8 slugs in the match...well, enough said! :devil:

See you this weekend!

Hope everyone had a great time!

Turned out to be a good day for 3-Gun!

Congrats to: Craig Calkins, Lance Lazoff, Kevin Travis, Robert Christie and Mike Payne for their division wins!!

Thanks for all the hard work today and thanks so much to the great people who came out for the RO Clinic! So impressed!!!

Results posted at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id15.html

Next match: May 9

JJ's Precision Tactical 2 rifle match: May 10 (First for 2015)

Thanks Co-exprs!

It was good to have you come down! I was glad so many people braved the bizarre and peculiar weather!

Hail, snow, and when we started the shooters briefing, it was blowing at least 30mph with faster gusts...but then, the sun came out and it calmed don a bit,

It was still a little sporty shooting long rifle in the wind, but we got very luck all weekend!! The worst day was set-up day, and that's okay!!! We didn't even get a lot of mud!!!

Hope to see you and whatever carload of folks you collect next month! :goof: Okay, technically 3 weeks!

I honestly don't know how the Johnson's do it. I only shot the 4 stages and I was exhausted when I got home. Fell asleep on the sofa about 8:30. They must have some gift of limitless energy and everlasting youth. They do at least 80% of the stage building themselves and ask for very little help. They even do most of the tear down themselves, slipping in as we finish stages to get an early start. We usually only do a few odds and ends for them at the end of the day. Seriously... JJ is like 100 years old and he can work most people into the ground. Denise must be slamming (eh... I meant "drinking") red bulls behind the shed to stay so energetic all the time.

Edited by co-exprs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Next Johnson 3-Gun is June 20, 2015 at the NRA Whittington Center.

We will be giving you a chance for redemption...or...on stages 1,4 and 7 from He-Man 3-Gun Nationals! They are all 3-Gun stages, 2 of them...rifle slung. It just moves things along a bit!

Since I noticed so many of you were disappointed about no shotgun sling at JP RM3G, we will have slung shotgun at this Johnson 3-Gun! Tell your friends! :-)

I also decided to make the 4th stage 3-Gun as well, just because we've never really had all 4 3-Gun stages before! :devil:

It will have some aerial birds on it. You WON'T have to sling your rifle on this one! :surprise:

Target count for the match:

Stage 1 - 6 rifle steel out to 550, 6 slugs, 6 birdshot, 6 pistol steel, 6 pistol paper

Stage 2 - 10 rifle steel, 10 pistol steel, 12 birdshot

Stage 3 - 10 birdshot, 6 rifle steel, 5-7 rifle/pistol optional paper, 9 pistol steel 7-9 pistol paper

Stage 4 - 3 slugs, 8 birdshot, 8 pistol steel, 3 pistol paper, 8 rifle steel, 3 rifle paper

You need a sling for BOTH your rifle and shotgun, but NOT at the same time!

Meet out on YHEC!

Newbie briefing 0830, Shooter's briefing 0900, We hope to be shooting by 0930. $40

Also, on Sunday, June 21, JJ will be having his Precision/Tactical match. Please email him at: rm3gun@yahoo.com if you plan to attend. 20 precision targets out to 1000 yards (you have 2 opportunities to engage them...1st shot 2 points, 2nd shot 1 point.) and then 40 targets for an AR 15 - shoot them as much as you have time for. They can be paper, clays or steel out to about 400 yards. Meet at UKD (across from competitor housing) at 0800. $30.

See you all there! Bring your Dad!!! (Sunday is Father's Day! Don't forget to do something nice for your father!)

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post last night!

BUG SPRAY!!! Bring BUG SPRAY!!!

The extra rain and the mosquitos are the size of small drones (maybe they are) and they are annoying as can be.

I forgot my bug spray yesterday, and I am covered in bites!!

It's nice and hot...so bring sunscreen. It rains every afternoon, so bring rain gear! :surprise:

See you all Saturday!!!