Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 9mm to .40 cal question.

bigblock455

You could shoot open with it. Most likely the poi will change when you change the slide, so you'll have to remember zero.

Are you using a comp? You could just reload for 9 major and not worry about the 40

I've got a KKM barrel and a 4 port Carver comp. I don't reload. So the problem is getting Major Power Factor 9 mm ammunition vs the hassle of swapping slides, re-zeroing and shooting off the shelf .40 cal to make Major. I'm thinking getting Major 9mm is easier all around?

Factory 40 cal ammo is not gonna be great for open as the heavy bullet and fast powder don't have much to Work the comp so it's gonna shoot more like a limited gun than an open gun. Open really is a reloaders game but if your shooting factory only I would just shoot your 3 gun setup at minor as 40 is gonna cost you a lot of rounds and still not shoot like an open gun

The ejector is part of the frame. It is easily swapped out with the trigger housing for about 17 bucks. They work okay with either caliber, but eject in different directions. Depending on load, it may our may not be annoying. Some people have voiced concern for igniting the primer when using incorrect ejector, but they are both spp, and it would be centered either way, so I don't think that is any more valid with a 40 our 9 ejector.