Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm barrel in TS 40

mdschappell

I have a question I have a Tactical Sport in 9mm that I picked up used for a good price for 3 gun. I am thinking of shooting IPSC Standard division is it possible to do the conversion the other way with the Tactical sport ie put a .40 barrel in a 9mm slide or is the breech face different between the 9mm and .40 TS slide.

Thanks Blake

You are correct. The .40 barrel can be fitted to the 9mm slide, but the breech face is too small for .40 brass. So, 9mm TS to .40 TS conversion is not possible. I have a .40 TS in which I've fitted a 9mm barrel. The breech face is a little large for 9mm, but it works flawlessly.

As for mags, I've used .40 in the TS 9mm mags too. It fed and cycled fine, but the capacity wasn't as it should be.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the youtube video and the guy says to file a different part of the barrel than the picture on the first page. Now I only notice this after I started filing my barrel based on the video and deciding to come and check here to see if i was doing it right because something didn't seem right. So which part do you file? if looking at the breach of the barrel there is the pad at 12 o'clock which the picture says to file. And the entire 9 o'clock surface and the small triangle at 2 o'clock which the video says to file

Bought a 40 TS ,complete top end for one of 2 TS 9's I own , 40 upper fits perfect on one frame, but would need work to fit the other 9 lower, it's way to tight, yes I was off point, new ideas ,Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Edited by rancher5

• 3 months later...