Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Limited Custom Extreme

JDMarshall

Atlas pretty much said it.

You start with the 9mm Limited, send it to a smith to machine out the slots, trigger job,

and then cerakote the colors on it if you want , and voila instant Extreme.

If your interested , I have a 9mm Elite Limited laying around here, just send me a PM.

Best of luck.

Edited by gennaro

Atlas pretty much said it.

You start with the 9mm Limited, send it to a smith to machine out the slots, trigger job,

and then cerakote the colors on it if you want , and voila instant Extreme.

If your interested , I have a 9mm Elite Limited laying around here, just send me a PM.

Best of luck.

PM to you sir.

I'm in Canada so all I had to do is make a down payment and wait. The gun was months late after several creative stories from Italy explaining the delay. I'm happy I waited. Mine is an LC Xtreme in .40

I wanted a second gun to fill a semi-imaginary niche in my fleet. I wasn't prepared to wait another six months or more and because I relocate to Texas for my winters.

I specd out my requirements and settled on a Limited Pro in 9mm that our distributor had in stock. Several days later in arrived in the mail. It's a blued gun which also suited me as I have plans to pimp it up in colours of my choice. They happen to be close to the ones used on the Stock II's and II's in the Xtreme lineup.

I ordered most but not all the Xtreme parts and got those a few days later. all I was missing were the knowledge and skills to install them after I did a pretty thorough clean up of the internals following guidelines suggested by the gentlemen of this forum..

The results were pretty remarkable for a newbie. I have a few more parts on order and will install those have I get to Texas in Nov. While I don't have a suitable trigger gage in my kit, by hand and ear, the pistol is pretty slick. I'm going to a match in a couple of weeks and will be able to compare the gun to a friend's Xtreme Stock III. I actually expect them to be very close. I'm expecting that changing the plunger spring and the FPB and spring will make modest improvements.

So with effort and some expense, there is another path to the Xtreme standard. I've also had a lot of fun doing what I have done so far. Thanks to all that helped out!

JDMarshall, congratulations on your new toy, it's great to have another Tanfo guy in the group.

Gennaro helped me also with questions I had on my open and limited gun, just a nice guy.

Once you get your first Tanfo It's difficult not to get another one.

Have fun with your build.

Edited by gunnit