Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack cuts

ss+P

Is this the part that you read, App D5, page 87?

Authorized modifications

Milling of the slide to insert sights, add or remove serrations, such as cocking or flat topping, tri-topping the slide, lowering ejection ports, cuts that are minor and cosmetic in nature are permitted. Duplicating features that are on a factory, mass produced slide available to the general public is permitted. Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, or slots, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited.

So I am a little on the fence. Not sure what I would want to do but let's say like 1/4" circles about 50 thousands of an inch deep on the rear and front of the slide. Taking up about 1.5-2 " in length

My opinion would be they are not mass produced and available to the general public so I couldn't do it. HOWEVER I WANT TO DO SO I WOULD SAY YES LEGAL.

If it's a cocking serration and is not so much (holes or slots all the way through) that you can be accused of them being slide lighting cuts you are OK.

Pattern makes no difference. The part about it having to be available is about cuts in the slide other than what is covered in the first sentence.

yes and no. I have a picture of something similar, but my gunsmith doesn't want the photo's out on the web for fear of being copied. the circles were just and example and aren't exactly what I would do.

I will search the web for a pic of something similar that is already out there and post it

Yeah the pattern I am looking to have done would be .050 deep and no larger than 1/4" pieces. Wouldn't be all over like the pic. About 4-5 of the pattern cover 1.5-2 inches max up front I decided to do something different in the rear