Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting a Normal Result from a Prostate Biopsy

RangerTrace

Yeah, I'm only 45 years old, but the Doc found a nodule on my prostate during my last physical exam. Urologist confirmed her findings and advised a biopsy should be performed. Last Tuesday we had the biopsy done and late today I was informed that I DO NOT have prostate cancer!

I have to admit that I was fairly convinced the test would come back positive. My Dad had prostate cancer at 63...

So, I'm very thankful the results were in my favor. Especially since, I have a 13 month old son sleeping just down the hall.....

I'm the opposite: my PSA runs a shade high (like 6 -7) even though I have absolutely no other symptoms and I am 60 years old. The kaiser doc started talking about biopsy about five years ago and I said no way. It's not the number so much as the rate the number is changing which in my case is about none.

Glad to hear that...at 55 my PSA went up from 3.9 to 5.5 to 7.0. The first change was between annual checkups and the second 3 months later. Nothing in the exams but the biopsy found some. No symptoms at all. Will be starting treatment next week.

Glad to hear that...at 55 my PSA went up from 3.9 to 5.5 to 7.0. The first change was between annual checkups and the second 3 months later. Nothing in the exams but the biopsy found some. No symptoms at all. Will be starting treatment next week.

Prayers sent your way!! My PSA was normal and had no symptoms. Just a nodule found on the digital exam. The side effects from the biopsy sucked, but I'm very grateful for the positive results from the test.

I've read a lot about the options over the last few weeks and none of them sound good. Good luck on your treatment!! I really hope the best for you!