Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning magwells coming back soon

Nealio

Recieved mine yesterday. It looks exactly like Intercooler2's. I plan to strip it and brush it with a red 3M Scotchbrite pad, and then apply a couple of coats of Sharkhide to it to maintain the finish. This is what I did to the factory Tanfoglio magwell that I installed on my Limited Pro after machining the sides of it down so that the gun would fit in the IDPA box.

Stripped, brushed, and coated with Sharkhide...

eaaWLC_04.jpg

Along with the factory magwell on my Limited Pro that was also stripped, brushed, and coated with Sharkhide...

tanfoglio_triple_01.jpg

Edited by BrazeauRacing

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from sealing and protecting aluminum, does it add any texture or grippiness?

I've been using Sharkhide to protect my custom made brushed aluminum motorcycle parts for years (I think I have a fetish for bushed aluminum!), so it made sense for me to use it in this application too. It doesn't add any texture or grip. It's actually pretty smooth. It feels like the surface has a clear coat paint on it. It is super easy to apply, and dries in 90 seconds or less.

http://www.sharkhide.com/

Edited by BrazeauRacing

I got my Henning magwell today. I installed it on my Limited Pro. For the longest time I waffled back and forth with the stock magwell being the other option. That's what I have on my LC and I was thinking that consistency of feel would be the driver in the decision. After reading many posts and Hennings write up on his model, I decided to go with the Henning.

Now with the two of them side by side I can see the superiority of the henning in spades! It fits my grip beautifully. Everything Henning says about using the magwell to leverage the weak hand is super true. I just love the way this improves my gun.

I'm now seriously considering ordering another one. The key his Hennings assurances that it fits the IPSC box. I'm a happy camper!!

Recieved mine yesterday. It looks exactly like Intercooler2's. I plan to strip it and brush it with a red 3M Scotchbrite pad, and then apply a couple of coats of Sharkhide to it to maintain the finish. This is what I did to the factory Tanfoglio magwell that I installed on my Limited Pro after machining the sides of it down so that the gun would fit in the IDPA box.

Stripped, brushed, and coated with Sharkhide...

eaaWLC_04.jpg

Along with the factory magwell on my Limited Pro that was also stripped, brushed, and coated with Sharkhide...

tanfoglio_triple_01.jpg

Ok, those stipples grips are pimp. Those just regular rubber Tanfo grips?

Ok, those stipples grips are pimp. Those just regular rubber Tanfo grips?

They are the factory plastic grips that came on the Match. I used a belt sander to grind down the little raised swoops, and then took a soldering iron to them. My first attempt at stippling anything. I'd like another set to try again, but I'm pretty happy with them. While I love the looks of the silver EG grips on my new two-tone Limited parts bin gun, I like the feel of my Match with the stippled grips much better.