Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED Brass Dryer

Jerry's YouTube vid on cleaning brass -

I've seen that before. That's the industrial approach to the problem. I can't imagine how much he shoots. He has a very informative YouTube channel.

Edited by Williamb

• 4 months later...

There is also a health consideration with all the dust created when using the dry method.

Yup, I'm 46 and have been casting bullets and reloading since I was EIGHT. My blood lead level is completely normal.

Wash your hands.

Put a couple of used dryer sheets in your tumblers.

Close the lid on the tumblers, no perforated lids.

A tablespoon of Mineral Spirits in each tumbler load also cuts down on the dust, but is not required.

Wash your hands.

I'm not talking about lead levels. I am not discussing washing your hands. I am not discussing the actual tumbling. I am discussing the dust levels caused when separating the media from the brass. It exists and is not healthy. A much cleaner and healthier process is using the wet process. Aside from the health benefits the brass comes out looking almost new. Your preferences clearly differ and that is fine. I did the dry media process for almost 15 years and I am glad to be rid of it. I have been doing the wet process for about 3 years and I prefer it.