Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single action falling to half cock need advice.

bessy

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue on my stock II since I installed the one piece extreme sear. It happens when the slide is on and off the gun, and only when the trigger is pulled VERY slowly. I have confirmed it is not due to the half cock notch on the hammer catching and my sear cage has very little movement in it. What angle to you file down on the sear leg to fix this exactly? The inside or outside?(hope that description makes sense)

Edited by Garbo
Adding information on issue.

Moving the trigger very slowly allows the hammer to fall before the sear moves enough to allow the 1/2 cock hooks to pass.  can also be the result of the over travel screw being set too tight.

I ran into this using "old school" hanging weight trigger pull method.  the gun fuxtured and weight slowly added gave your exact description.  i just pull the trigger "normal " and never had it happen again.  oh, i also  removed the ot screw.

Correction, it isn't falling into half cock. It switches into a DA pull. As in it drops the hammer, but will only fall into half cock if i let the trigger out again, but if i continue to pull the trigger it will fire normally with a higher pull weight. The overtravel screw is also nowhere near the frame when this occurs, and i removed the screw and tested just to be sure and it still falls into DA.

Edited by Garbo
More detailed information

On just the outside of the sear leg(the part facing down towards the trigger bar) or some on the inside angle where it contacts the sear cage as well? (I'm assuming just the outside but want to make sure before i go and mess with it anymore)

Edited by Garbo
detail

1 hour ago, Garbo said:

On just the outside of the sear leg(the part facing down towards the trigger bar) or some on the inside angle where it contacts the sear cage as well? (I'm assuming just the outside but want to make sure before i go and mess with it anymore)

Your looking at hitting the face of the sear leg that contacts the trigger bar, your basically changing the timing on when the SA breaks and ensuring the interrupter has cleared the trigger bar

Edited by PatriotDefense

34 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Your looking at hitting the face of the sear leg that contacts the trigger bar, your basically changing the timing on when the SA breaks and ensuring the interrupter has cleared the trigger bar

Thanks for the confirmation, thats what i thought but i wanted to be absolutely positive. (Using exclusively your springs btw :))