Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou 135 RN vs 147 TC

ZackJones

Has anyone that used to shoot the 147g TC Bayou given the 135g RN Bayou's a try? I need to order another case of bullets and I'm trying to decide if I want to just go withe 147's or give the 135's a try. I know I could buy a sample pack to do my own testing with the 135's but if someone has already done that I'd like to hear your experience with them. I guess while I'm asking has anyone made the switch from the 147g to the 160g? I'll be loading for USPSA minor power factor and will use the same load for steel challenge. Powder choices range from e3, Red Dot, TiteGroup, and IMR 800x (which I don't especially care for). Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Zack,

Your question is all over the place.

What exactly do you want to know?

I have loaded both the 135 and the 147's from Bayou Bullets and i like them both. The strange thing was that i was able to load the 147's longer in my P09 than the 135's. 1.12 for the 147's and 1.09 for the 135's.

The 135's are a nice compromise between the snap of a 124 and the push of a 147. Other than that, its pretty hard to describe the differences.

Your question is all over the place.

What exactly do you want to know?

That's what I get for posting after my bedtime :). You summed it up well when you said "The 135's are a nice compromise between the snap of a 124 and the push of a 147." I think I'll just order a case of the 135's and give them a go.

i would order a sample pack. i found the 135's picky in certain guns. it was a laser out of my MP and Kahr, but was all over the place with my G34 and GP K100. Never had this issue with 147's or 124's. unfortunately i bought a case and have been slowly going through it. i will get 147 or 124 next time.

No you shoot a lot!!

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were trying to tell me I sucked - which I already know :)

i would order a sample pack. i found the 135's picky in certain guns. it was a laser out of my MP and Kahr, but was all over the place with my G34 and GP K100. Never had this issue with 147's or 124's. unfortunately i bought a case and have been slowly going through it. i will get 147 or 124 next time.

Sent you a PM about buying some of your 135's.

3.4gr titegroup under a 135gr Bayou Bullet loaded to 1.135OAL makes 133 power factor out of my XDM 5.25 and is very soft and I cant tell much difference in accuracy over the 147gr Bayous.

Thanks for the load data. That's what I'll try when I get some 135's to load.